Pages

Sunday, January 27, 2008

What God heard from me at Church today and what he might have said back...

for some reason the kids were awful today. Some of them are sick but even so yesterday was a perfect day. Today...not so perfect.

Before Church, everyone was scurrying around because at the last minute we decided to go to the Spanish mass since we had to be there for a first confession meeting at about the same time mass was ending.

Actually, we've been trying all the different mass times since we are trying to find the "right" one for us. Now that we had the middle seat installed we can do things because there is a seat in the van for everyone.

Anyway, at Church, we found pews where I thought we would be out of the way when people went up for communion. The thing was that the kids had to sit behind Hubs and Me. Well they seemed to think that made them invisible or something.

They talked and fought and shoved and everything you can think of. I was mortified. No body else seemed to mind but I did. I kept shooting them looks that they seemed to be ignoring. So, finally during the sign of peace, I was able to say something. It went like this:

Me to CDQ: Peace be with you andyoubetternotshoveanybodyagainscootover.
Me to the boy: Peace be with you, youneedtocutitoutandbehavemakesureyoukneel.
Me to Strawberry Shortcake: Peace be with you, shutupnow.

Lovely, eh?

I glanced up to see the woman directly behind them staring at me with a huge grin on her face. I was embarrassed but what else was I supposed to do?

Afterwards, a woman came up to me and whispered in my ear "Your girls are so well behaved, I'm proud of you." It was so strange. When she whispered that to me I was facing the crucifix and because I am short and she was taller I was looking up towards Jesus on the cross. It was a whisper and then it was gone...

Life is interesting.

1 comment:

Amrita said...

When your kids are small this is what happens in church.Discipline and self control should be imparted to kids but let them have fun too. Kids should relax in church .

My Dad used to discipline me severely for sqirming in church and i have very un-pleasant memories of that.So i let kids be kids up to a limit.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...