So, I received paperwork from the fertility clinic the.very.next.day.
I was shocked. It was a thick envelope asking me about everything under the sun related to babymaking parts and activities. Uh. yeah. As Shrek would say in his pondering ogre voice: "Really, Really."
I'm embarrassed and worried because I don't know if I should be taking any special pills. I don't know what basal (see I had even typed BASIL- as in the herb) Body Temp is. I don't know what any of the things on that list are and I've NEVER tried to get pregnant.
Should I be reading books or something? One thing I have done is almost completely cut soda out. I had some last night when we went out to dinner but before that I hadn't had any in 2 days and before that we had gone out to McDonald's for dinner on Tuesday and I had a coke. Basically, I've only had soda when we've gone out despite the fact that I have a 12 pack in the fridge. I've been taking Vitamin C and B-complex. But that's it.
I feel like I'll go in and I'll be interrogated about what I have done to make this pregnancy possible and I'll sit there and say "Stopped drinking soda." and they will look at me like I am an alien and maybe laugh.
Maybe I'm just working myself up but I would liken it to an entrance interview at an ivy league university.
Interviewer: What have you done that would merit entrance into our school?
Me: I got up every morning and went to school.
Ya know? I'd be the total slacker loser, while the hardcore competition has been going on in the babymaking competition.
I don't know. I could have it all wrong. But it seems like I should be doing more, or I should be doing SOMETHING to prepare for this.
I've been looking at babies more often. Watching them. Remembering what they are like.
Meanwhile, Hubs is like the female. He tries to tone it down and he would deny it. But there's no denying that he wants one badly. He was going on and on about a little Hubs running around. All I could think is we both have HUGE heads and the biggest stubborn streak to beat out all others. But I knew how badly he wanted a kid when he brought out "the name".
I know I embarrassed him but he had a name people! I couldn't get out of him how long or when he decided on a name but he has one. Patrick but spelled the irish way with a D. All I could think of was Paddy. A boy named Paddy. Yeah. It is Hubs middle name and all. But... we aren't even pregnant and Hubs has a name and what if it doesn't happen? What if we can't get pregnant? Signs point to no reason why we shouldn't really. But isn't that the way it is for most infertile couples?
Are we an infertile couple? As far as we both know, everything is there to make a baby, there's just no way to get it together to make it happen by ourselves.
I guess I'll just have to be patient and wait and see if they laugh at me. In the meantime that is 14 days. 1-4. I don't even remember the last time Flo was in town and you would think I would at least be keeping track of that. But with the girl scout schedule (COOKIES), the therapy schedule, the catechism schedule (2 first communions and a first penance in less than two months now! That means a tilma to be decorated and 2 dresses to be sewn by moi.), snack schedule, eye appointments, teeth appointments, adoption paperwork, (adoption in early april maybe?), math club,and our first wedding anniversary (March) looming (Hubs has already started planning, yikes! What am I going to do with PAPER???) etc..etc... I forgot to write it down.
Am I total loser or what?

8 comments:
Basal Body Temp is just your temp first thing in the morning every day to find when you're ovulating. I was really confused by that and even got a "basal body temp" thermometer and I could have used a plain old one.
Take prenatals. You will need the extra Folic, B6 and B12.
You're not infertile. Just special =)
It's spelled Padraic or Padraig. It means "nobly born" and is actually a variation of the Roman Patricus. And, of course, it's Ireland's patron saint's name. Also, it was my first thought because of my middle name. Sasha doesn't want a Sean Jr. And I doubt she'd go for Conchobhar (pronounced Connor), a famous Irish king) or Cuchalainn (pronoiunced Kuhulan), a famous mythical hero.
Sean
I should've proof read that. It's supposed to be Cuchulainn. I mistyped.
Sean (Hubs)
OOOOkkkay... Thanks for your input uh Sean or HUBS! Doh! Tried to keep your name "anonymous". LMAO
As to the C names...no and NO... you were right. I'm wondering if you're pulling my leg with those names.
For all those who might of thought I was kidding about Hubs... I rest my case. lol
You don't know me - but let me recommend the book Taking Charge of Your Fertility. I've learned many amazing things about my body, not just my fertility, but how my body works.
Hay Girl. Hit up your local library for that book referral. Fertility can be a real market for your dollar. The things that you are learning about are a common. do a google on fertility work up. This will be to see if your cycle is regular. They will ask to check your dna for any problems perhaps...know this that the information is valuable but if there is a problem it can possible effect insurablity in the future. So ask "risks?" for every option. Knowledge is the thing that both sides need to gather. It is a common process so check it out and Learn as much as you can. Remember YOU and HUBS are the ones in control! That is why I did not get Dash tested for the Ushers gene. The process will be the same whether or not. so before you do any major things research them. Kether is right once they do have a cycle locked down then they know when to do the harvest or insemination. Timing is everything.
Good to hear about the story behind your nickname Sasha (now that sounds Russian)
Take care dear sister.
I like your heart template. Where did you get it from.
LOL...I stopped drinking soda.
MANY people have done less than that to get PG...and many people have done more than that. You have a very special set of circumstances...relax, no one's gonna laugh at you. If they do I'll pretend I can kick their ass for you.
Post a Comment