Pages

Sunday, January 6, 2008

They are gone...

Yesterday my sister came in to pick up her son, I, whose been vacationing at my house for the past two weeks. They left about half an hour ago.

We stayed up all night while I tried to finish up a project that I wanted her to take with her and she played with the Wii. But I was about 3 minutes shy from getting it completely done. She offered to stay but I didn't want to cause any conflicts between her and her fiance or whatever he is exactly.

I do have to say that I get pissed though. They were here for Easter because the kids were being baptized and I asked if Easter dinner at 4:30 was fine and I was told it was. I got up at the buttcrack of dawn to make dinner and had it on the table at 4:3o to which he was ready to pack everyone up and take off. They ended up staying but there was a fight between them about it.

Then they came up for Christmas dinner. We had dinner at 1 pm because they had to leave. I wasn't too happy about that because I am tired of racing and not enjoying anything or being able to take part in any of the event because I am laboring in the kitchen.

I don't begrudge them the fact that it's a 10 hour drive. Really, I know driving sucks and I know he does it by himself because my sister doesn't drive. But I get upset because I know if he were at his family's house there wouldn't be the rushing to leave. That there... that's what pisses me off. They prolong the getting here (10 pm this time) and then leave as quickly as they came (6 am). At least my other nephew, E, had slept all the way so he was up almost the whole time we were and I got to give him the big boy underwear I bought him and spend some time with him.

These boys are not just my nephews but they are my Godsons too. I feel I have very little time with them. Although I had "I" for two weeks and I am happy he's on his way home now, it doesn't seem like enough time. I am worried about my sister as well. She's not happy. I have suspicions that's part of the reason for the rush off. I don't care if he's standing in front of me. I will tell my sister how it is and how it should be. As in if you are not happy, you need to re-evaluate if this is what you want. Not tell her what to do.

I had to run out to the store tonight and she came with me. She said something that struck me as odd. She said "now I am making my own money." I can't remember, it was about buying something. It worries me about how my sister is living and what my nephews environment is. I don't think it's anything like what my other nieces and nephew endured. Nothing like that. More like control and repression of the female in the household. If you know what I mean.

I hope my sister gets a backbone and opens her eyes. I don't think her fiance is a bad person but I don't really know him. What I do know is that my sister isn't happy and I just hope she isn't settling.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...