Boy has today been up and down. We start off bright and early with CDQ having a major meltdown. She was in the bathroom and strawberry shortcake had to go so she told CDQ to only do her hair (apparently CDQ likes to stare at herself for long stretches of time).
CDQ didn't like that so she simulated punching a fist into her other hand and then lifted her fists to strawberry shortcake(SS). When SS came to tell me about it CDQ denied it and said she was just cracking her knuckles (which I hate) and then I immediately knew she was lying. I told her she was and then she started the fake crying.
At this point I had it. They hadn't even had breakfast yet. I told her to just go on and do her fake feeling sorry for herself crying and get it over with. She flew into a full tantrum where she even tried to get Poufy in trouble.
I took Poufy out of the room and CDQ started screaming. I gave everyone else breakfast and cranked up radio disney. She screamed louder. We were hitting the half hour mark when she started kicking my walls.
I was beyond had it. The Ca social worker had told me to put them outside when they did that, but well I don't know if that is something I should do, I don't think it would work with that child.
I decided to try the therapeutic hold that the new therapist showed me how to do for the boy. It worked. It took about 10 minutes and she so milked it. She kept saying "help" and "it hurts" but I know neither was warranted especially since she was limp in my arms and I had no need to hold her tight against me. I just restrained her arms loosely so she wouldn't lash out at me. The way the therapist taught me is if they are really thrashing you have to hold them tightly.But she was loving the attention from having me there and away from everyone else.
I kept asking her if she was done yet and if it hurt any,you think it would have stopped sooner, no? She irritates me because she is so attention hungry. We give her positive attention but she wants negative. That is what truly makes her happy.
When she was done I told her I was going to leave her for 10 minutes to pull herself together and then she could come out and have breakfast. When I went to get her, she was eerily normal and even happy...huh? I don't get it.
Then right before church, the boy decided he was going to take a stab at showing what he's made of. He threw a total tantrum. I didn't use the hold on him. I was way to pissed to go near him.
Here's a replay.
me: Hey, you guys get out some cute jeans. They can have stuff on them (they aren't allowed to wear embellished jeans at school, school uniforms only.) just make sure they are nice.
the boy: What Sasha?
me: Not you boy.
I had already told the boy he was going to wear his dress pants with his Christmas sweater. I did not see this as something for a 6 year old to tantrum about. I went on handing out the sweaters I had bought for the girl's to wear to church. It was too cold for them to wear dresses.
I guess the boy wasn't happy that I hadn't noticed him so he escalated. I hit the roof and told him unless he wanted to wear butterfly jeans and a girl sweater, I had no idea what he was crying about. I reminded him what he had picked out to wear.
He bawled even louder.
I told him to go to his room and take a nap. Not really doable without missing church, but I had no idea what else to do. He seemed like he needed a nap. Well, that started the whole screaming "I wanna go to church" then the kicking. I told him to get in his room and the screaming was even louder.
Meanwhile the girls continued to get dressed. I decided that if the boy wanted to act like a baby then I would treat him like a baby. He wasted his getting ready time tantruming and by the time it was time to go he had calmed down. I took him to church in his Pj's. I told him to get his shoes on and put on his jacket and off we went.
He was mortified.
On a happier note, they were little angels at church and for that we took them out to IHOP where they thanked us and insisted they loved us forever and ever.
The end to a crazy day but good at any rate.

No comments:
Post a Comment