So, today we went to the appointment and I had the ultrasound.
I have to admit, before we went in I was all kinds of nervous about labs. I haven't had a shot or blood drawn since 1999. I've seen the kids get shots and have blood drawn and I've seen Hubs stabbed several million times. So, when they told me it was going to be just an ultrasound I was like "SURE! LET'S GO!" and then they said I had to empty my bladder, "NO PROBLEMO!" and then I walked in the ultrasound room.
Stirrups, seen those before...not with oven mitts on them but whatever... The nurse started telling me that the procedure would be easier than a pap smear and blah blah blah. I didn't really hear the rest because I saw Hubs open-mouthed staring at something. Then I saw what he was staring at.
Uh... I guess I was envisioning the goop on my tummy ultrasound but instead I was met with a plastic wand. I said "Um, what are we doing exactly." She said a transvaginal ultrasound and was reassuring me it wasn't going to hurt. The wand was for my pikachu. I told her "Oh, I'm on my period." (because surely someone forgot to tell them). She basically said great and it was the perfect time to check my follicles. I had to strip from the waist down. The doctor put goop on, then a condom and more goop.
I stopped him and I think I gave him the shock of his life. I told him I was still a virgin. Why do I think I gave him the shock of his life? Because he gaped at me for like 30 seconds (maybe even 45.) and then he said he would be really careful and that there might be blood... I was so nervous, I chirped "well doesn't really matter than because I am already bleeding! HAHAHAHA" ARGH! I hate that I laugh like a dork when I am nervous. I guess I should also mention that this doctor couldn't be very much older than me. So. Strange. That didn't help my nervousness... not because he was young but because well..."Hi, I just met you, here go ahead and poke me and did I mention I'm bleeding...oh and did we go to HIGH SCHOOL together?". He kept apologizing the whole time and again before he left. I felt bad for him.
It hurt. It still hurts. I think I've ventured well into TMI territory but I think I lost my virginity to an ultrasound wand. Happy 32nd birthday to me!
Anyway, the ultrasound. He found a fibroid on one side and 6 follicles. On the other side he found a cyst that he said was perfectly normal and 6 more follicles. He said all and all very good. Chances are good. I'm young and my stuff is good.
I think I messed up when he was slowly trying to take the wand out. I basically yanked myself off it because it hurt so bad.
Anyway, Hubs has now been referred to a urologist who will discuss retrieval processes with us.
We are thinking that he will have to have sperm retrieved from his testes with a needle. I have to make that appointment for us to find out. If it is the case that he has sperm, they will retrieve it, freeze it. Put me on drugs to promote egg whatever and than also put me on the pill so that they can control my period to the exact day that we want to try and conceive. Which we think is sometime in August. (I'm crazy, I insist that I must still be able to put up and take down the Christmas lights.) It has to be done via IVF because they are thinking that Hubs isn't going to have a very high sperm count and that they will have to put the sperm and egg together in the lab and than put it in me.
We went out to lunch at The Olive Garden afterwards. Hubs asked if I wanted to still do this because it is very expensive. I turned it around and asked him if he was having second thoughts. He immediately answered no without ANY hesitation. He said he was worried about me because I'm the one who basically has to do it all.
I told him as long as he was ready to put up with me being extra uh, lets say something that rhymes with witchy. He said he didn't think it was possible. I said "What do you mean?" He said "were you here last week?" I don't even remember last week. I think I told off two nurses and went head to head with CDQ's teacher and her teacher's assistant. Other than that and the kids being especially awful, I dunno what he's talking about.
I told him he hadn't seen nothing yet. lol

4 comments:
You side bar says it well. Hang in there baby. it takes both sunshine and rain to make a rainbow.
My what an experience.I too am nervous about all these pricks and probes.
May the Lord grant the desire of your heart.
Have you adopted your neices and nephews...or are foster parents?Please can you post some pictures of them.
We are heading for adoption in April. Right now we are pre-adoptive parents.
I've posted some pictures of them on the post about Poufy's birthday.
I don't really like to post any full on pictures because I don't want my sister (their mother) to find us or recognize them.
She doesn't know exactly where we are at and I want to keep it that way. :-)
I should have warned you about the dildocam...
Its OK ZM, keep your security intact. i dodn 't know about the background.You are doing a fantastic job.
Post a Comment