So guess what I did to welcome in 2008 with a bang??
I slept through it. Hubs said they tried to wake me, but I swear I didn't hear them or the ball drop.
I have to admit, I'm beat. I cooked all day and ran all day and can I just say I am so glad 2007 is over.
2007 kicked my @$$. It's been the hardest year of my life and even then not so hard. But I don't like hard. Especially when it's created by someone else.
In 2007, I realized that my life sucks and yet it doesn't. I'm still so lucky and blessed and spoiled. I realized that even though my mother is alive. She really isn't. In realizing that, I also realized that I have lost my mother this year and in thinking that, realized, I never really had a mother.
2007 also made me realize that I have no true family, just as these kids had no family. Together we are going to be a family. Some how, some way, I've gotta make this happen.
It's the strangest thing, because I think Hubs has come to the realization as well, that he didn't have much of a family either. Yet, somehow, we misfits came together for some reason.
I was watching Joyce Meyer the other night. I know I am strange but I always feel that my friend Karlton is sending me messages through her. Whenever I do catch her it's like she's speaking just to me and what I am going through at the moment. She's always spot on. She had me cracking up because she was talking about how early on she would have fits and tantrums when things didn't go right and she would quit.
I've done that so many times over the last year. So. Many.Times. I've cussed God out for not being there for me and for making *me* go through all this because it was just toooo much. Anyway, Joyce is saying how she was on her knees crying and moaning that she finally really quits when she said she heard the Holy Spirit say "Really, are you finally going to give me a chance to do something?"
Her point was that we often expect things. We know that we have a calling or at least we figure out what our calling is and we have expectations of making it happen on our time. But we can't. God has reasons and he has his own time and we have to let Him be in control. The harder we fight to make things come to fruition, the more frustrated we get about spinning our wheels.
In 2008, I have many expectations and plans but I am going to try to keep in mind, it's not entirely in my hands or on my time but it's in God's hands, on his time.
I don't really have any resolutions but I have two big "plans" that I will try to pursue this year. Graduate School and Babies. Well one baby to be exact, a child of our own if possible. (I've been working on a baby post but finding it hard to find the right words)
So, goodbye 2007, hello 2008 and can't wait to see 2009 around the corner!
Happy New Year Everyone!

1 comment:
Shit.
I'm totally crying now.
Good luck to you and I hope you get that baby of your own. It deserves a family like the one you and S have created.
Post a Comment