because I feel like I can just drop right here, right now.
But Hubs has a long night tonight and unfortunately I am the one preforming the procedure.
I didn't get much sleep last night because it was still immensely cold in the house and every time I did drift off I was jolted back awake by: Hubs, kids, dogs, etc...
Let's put it this way. I was on the sofa and the light was still on when I went to wake the kids up for school.
That was an ordeal in itself considering BOTH the hot and cold water were frozen. I had even left the hot water running and it froze over.
I was trying to get as much as I could done without water. Which when you think about it, all of a sudden everything is water based.
For example,
I'll run the dishwasher! uh...no
I'll do the laundry! uh...no
I'll wipe down the counters and the table! uh...no
I'll clean out my bathroom, like I've been meaning to! uh..no
I know! All this free time! I'll take a shower!...na uh.
For some reason my mind kept centering around water based stuff. Because as I sit here and type I can ramble off a list of all I have to do that isn't water based to name a few...
Clear kitchen counter desk.
Clear living room counter desk.
Put away Christmas tote (yep...still out. I think it's now become my living room coffee table. lol)
Forms to fill out. etc..etc...
At any rate, as I was getting ready to get Hubs up and the cold water had been flowing for about 2 hours, I get a call. The boy is sick. Fine. I go pick him up. I gave him some robotussin and told him to take a nap.
An hour later he comes out to ask if he can go to the bathroom and his face and upper neck are covered in hives and he's been scratching some of them raw. 1.) he never told me he was sick. 2.) he didn't even bother to come out and tell me he was itchy. 3.) He's had that same medicin from that very bottle without incident.
I gave him some Eucedrin(sp?) for his face to stop the iching and burning. Some benydral for his reaction and some kid's ibruprofen for his fever. Good times!
Then we were off because both the boy and the oldest were scheduled for therapy sessions. We ended up only having the oldest's session because the boy fell asleep at the office. The therapist said to just cancel for today.
That gave us two hours before the Math Club let out (that's where the other three were). We decided to head over to Costco to stock up on a few things. That place sucks you in with all the cool stuff and the samples. lol
We ended up leaving there later than we intended to. Then, because of the directionally challenged person that I am, I got lost going home showing Hubs the really cool way I get home when he's not with me and I'm coming home from Costco. Hey, all I can say is I don't know what happened. I make it home when I'm by myself don't I? LOL
Finally, 15 minutes late, I picked the kids up from the Math Club and we were heading for confession. Because it was getting so late. We postponed it and just stopped at the store to pick up the cake and cupcakes for Poufy's birthday tomorrow. I was supposed to pick them up earlier but never made it. I had to pick them up otherwise I would be making a mad dash tomorrow morning, seeing that the cupcakes were for school.
As, I was picking up last minute items. I realized that I was going to have to have the party tonight because tomorrow night they have a Girl Scout cookie workshop (ship! 4 girls selling cookies at once. Lord help me!) and we've postponed confession to right before the workshop.
So, we came home and I threw together those BBQ chicken cup thingies. I think they call them barbecups or something and quickly got her presents together and set the table for it. It was a success. lol
So after getting them all to settle down and go to bed after cake and ice cream, here I am.
Someone catch me before I hit the floor.

No comments:
Post a Comment