
Now that I have my pantry all clean I've decided to start planning menus around what we already have in the house (isn't that an original idea! lol)
So here goes my first post for Menu Plan Monday:
Monday: Taco Salad
So here goes my first post for Menu Plan Monday:
Monday: Taco Salad
Tuesday: Shredded Beef and Potato Burrito- Basically shredded beef and potatoes simmered in green enchilada sauce in the crock pot all day.
Wednesday: Homemade Lasagna, salad and French Bread
Thursday: Chicken Taquitos and Spanish Rice
Friday: BBQ Steaks and Burgers; potato salad and corn on the cob.
Saturday: Breakfast for dinner. Usually eggs, bacon, hash browns (in a burrito or regular) and OJ
Sunday: Fried Chicken, Mashed potatoes and gravy and Mac and cheese.
What I love about this week's menu beside the yumminess factor is that the shredded beef in sauce is already done, I only have to chop up some potatoes and toss them in the crockpot.
Hubs made an extra lasagna tonight so we will only have to reheat it while the bread is baking killing two birds with one stone which is great since that is catechism night and I also made an appointment for photographs to be taken before catechism.
The chicken just needs to be thrown in the crock pot with some green chilies some time before Thursday. It's just incredible to me. I wish I would have done this sooner.
It's going to be an easy week for me!
For more menu planning ideas go visit Laura!

12 comments:
Welcome to MPM! Your menu for the week look delicious!
Great work at planning ahead for the week. Welcome to MPM!
Your menu looks great! Enjoy your dinners!
Yummy, everything sounds great :)
Everything looks so good! I've just eaten lunch and want to go out and get some mexican!
your menu sounds great! welcome to menu mondays...they have helped me out sooooo much. and the whole cooking an extra lasagna ahead of time = brilliant! something i will have to work in here at my house! have a great week and happy cooking :O)
Wow! We are on the same page as far as menu planning! I love everything you have on your menu!! Delicious!
Have a great week!
Fried Chicken, Mashed Potatoes, Lasagna ... I shouldn't read these when I am hungry :) !! Great menu!
Welcome to MPM! You will find it will bring a lot of positive change to your life.
Great menu! Have a good week!
Thanks for joining us!
OK...those beef and potato burritos sound yummy. What kind of beef do you use? How long and what temp do you simmer it? Slow-cooker?
OK, that was a lot of questions! It just sounds really good!
No problem!
They are shredded beef...I put chuck roast or rump roast in the crock pot with water on low over night. In the morning I take it out and let it cool and then shred it. Then I add Las Palmas green enchilada sauce and drop the meet back in. You can add seasoning if you want. I let that simmer for a few hours. Then a couple of hours before dinner I cut potatoes into 90 degree angles, not to thick and drop them in. I add more sauce if needed. I check it to see how the potatoes are doing every now and then if they aren't cooking as fast as I think they should I put the crock pot on high. I'm sure it's easier than that, but I'm new to the crock pot.lol Mine only had off, low, and high... I just bought a new one with bells and whistles...so we'll see how that goes.
Then when it's dinner time, I heat up the tortillas either on the stove top or in the microwave between paper plates. I shred some cheese and take out the salsa and sour cream.
Voila! Yumminess...lol
Oh, I've also made them with the shredded beef marinated in diced green chili's, lemon and lime juice instead of the enchilada sauce. That's good too!
Hope that helps!
Post a Comment