
So, I've been studying so that I can study for my GRE test. Yep, you read that right.
I've gone back to basics and oddly enough found out that, Hey!, I never even knew the basics! WHOO HOO!
Anyway, for some reason um, I dunno maybe the way my posts sound like I am one of my kids rambling on and on, I decided to start with a grammar refresher.
People, I kid you not. I did not know what a verb was. I was taught that a noun is a person, place or thing and if a word wasn't a noun it was a verb. The end. Oh and sentences. Subject and predicate. The end.
Here's the kicker, I've been an honor and AP student since the 9th grade. I was even an honors student in college. English was my BEST subject. I could just write and it was an A.
Hubs says I didn't learn all that adjective and adverb and propositions, etc, etc... because honors classes are paper classes and they don't really teach English because they assume you already know. This is probably true. In 9th grade Honors English we read books and talked about them, then we wrote papers. In 1oth Grade Honors English, we wrote research papers and position papers,etc... In 11th grade we did a little bit of both and in 12th we just studied for the AP test and read the books that were part of the testing.
I remember my friends who were non AP had so much English homework, we just had to read books. Anyway, while I sat there confused out of my mind on how to distinguish an adverb from an adjective (some how I have it backwards) I was telling Hubs I just don't get it.
He said some kind of mumbo jumbo to me and that's when I felt it, a pain, literally felt it down there.
I told Hubs, "My Gosh!, now I know what Y is talking about!" He was confused just as you are. " I said " This stuff literally hurts my pachina", blank stare from Hubs. I tell him Y's little girl says vagina as pachina because, well she does, and Y's always saying things hurt her pachina or make it weak. I ACTUALLY felt it." Hubs was like ok. Just like you are probably thinking as you see Pikachu.
And here is where I get to my point, and yes there is one... About half an hour later, Hubs and I were talking about our schedule for next week. He said and I kid you not "Isn't Monday when we go to get your pikachu checked?"
I was like "my what?" He repeats "your pikachu, you know?"
I'm like "No, I don't know."
Hubs: "Wait, didn't you say pikachu?, Our fertility appointment..."
Me(about to wet myself from laughing so hard): "No, I said PA-CHI-NA."
Hubs: *bright red* "Well, pachina...pikachu, it's all the same."
Me: "Is it really?"
Men....

1 comment:
Out with me calling it the old hootie-hoo it will now be a pikachu in this house..
I laughed SO HARD reading this.
I didn't know all that grammar stuff until I took German because I had to learn it in German and then I had to figure out what they were in ENglish. My mom was horrified.
Post a Comment