Here's Pouf! I've decided to call her that since her hair is always one big Poufball. She lost her front tooth (toof!) two days ago and we just picked up her new glasses today. She's actually excited about them.
They said by the time she is 12 she will be a candidate for contacts and when she hits 20, lasix will be recommended.
I was surprised at how much she couldn't see. After we picked up her glasses we went to Costco to grab some pizza for dinner. As we drove by places she was exclaiming: "I didn't know there were lights there!", "That's a real Chuck E. Cheese's!, I didn't even know we had one!"
There weren't any indications that we could see (no pun intended) that she couldn't see.
I have two more that will more than likely need glasses. As a matter of fact I know CDQ will need them. It's crazy but I'm glad we are catching this early. I was there when they did the basic eye test during their physical and I thought they were messing around and purposely missing the letters because they were doing so bad on the test.
However, there's actually a machine that can read the kid's eyes at the eye doctor and he basically said kids can't fake it anymore. As I watched Pouf! retake the test at the eye doctor's I was facing her and could see how hard she was trying and see how she was missing letters. It was crazy.
I can't help but think of all the problems these kids have both mentally and physically and think that my sister honestly believes that she has no part in this. That the fact that Pouf's lenses are too long and she can't see doesn't have anything to do with how she didn't take any prenatal and only ate ice while she was pregnant so she wouldn't get fat. How can some people think that, think those things?
It makes no sense to me.

2 comments:
She's so cute!
I got stuck on the last part of your post. Anger started to rise up in me and for the first time in a long time I was thinking its SO NOT FAIR. I take prenatals when I'm not even pregnant. blah blah blah.
*sigh*
Hello! Mommaofmany here...I thought that you should research a condition called RAD, Reactive Attachment Disorder. To me, it sounds like what they have. It's caused by chaotic home life and can occur at very young ages. Almost every foster child we ever had suffer (and made us suffer) from it.
It's difficult to live with, but Christ can heal anything!!
Blessings,
Momma
Post a Comment