Pages

Tuesday, January 29, 2008

"School is Absent Today???" Poufy-age 7

My lucky day(note sarcasm, lol)...the kids are home from school because last night we had weather that I would guess resembled a small blizzard. Snow pelting in every direction because of strong winds. It was very odd.

First we got an automated call at 6:17 am saying that they were delaying school by 2 hours. Then we got a call at 8:30 saying the roads were too icy; forget about school.

What I didn't blog about yesterday is the fact that when "I" (the kid's little cousin) was here he spilled the beans about Cindy's suicide (the kid's 14 year old cousin who killed herself last year). The therapist told me that the oldest told her somewhat about it last week. I don't really believe that he just out and said it. I think my kids questioned him because her death was over a year ago and I doubt it would have been at the forefront of his mind. My sister feels awful about it. I told her not to worry and that there's no problem but I don't know if she believes me.

Yesterday we decided that today would be the day that we should tell the kids. I totally forgot it was my birthday and I'm a little worried that because it is a day that we will remember every year it will be a reminder of Cindy.

But then again, I never know what's going through their heads. Right now, none of them have remembered. So, my guess is today is as good a day as any.

Lord, give me strength.

3 comments:

Amrita said...

Desr Sasha, pray all went well.We try to protect our kids as much as possible and shelter them from emotions they are not ready for.But its good to deal with the painful realities of life in a gentle csring way, so our kids are prepared.Its good you talked about it rather than they having to figure things themselves.

Kether said...

Oh! I knew I'd forget your birthday! Happy Birthday (and you too Barbara Jean if you're reading).

I, too, am praying that the kids will be ok with this information. Thank God you have that new therapist now....

Reighnie said...

Thanks Kether!

I don't think Barb reads my blog.

She kinda just fell off the face of the earth. I hope she's ok. I check her myspace every now and then to make sure she's still logging in. lol

I know she was really busy because of work and planning a wedding for Tyanne but that's the last I know.

I haven't heard from her since I saw her on my wedding day.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...