Well, actually last night when I finally got a chance to check my e-mail.
A person named Christine posted on my blog. A person who is learning and dealing with RAD just as we are.
I visited her blog to find another blog which had links and links of blogs. Reading some of Christine's posts (especially the one with the picture of her living room and description of her kitchen) and reading some of the posts from the Living With RAD blog helped me see I am not alone. The latter blog was like reading someone's notes about our house and the kids. Seeing that the things I've stumbled upon for solutions aren't all foreign and don't make me an ogre, a pig or the worse mother ever.
I've googled RAD, I've searched Blogs for adoption but it never occurred to me to search blogs for RAD. I don't know why.
I've been reading book after book about kids who don't fit ours and how to deal with them. I'm tired.
Thanks Christine for chiming in. You don't know how much it means to me to have this new world opened up.
Yesterday was a good day. I think it was a good day because I spent the whole day at home with my family. They worked in their workbooks and I was there to keep them on task. I made them lunch and I made them dinner. I monitored them the way they needed to be monitored. Plus, we had trouble from the start of the day and I was able to nip that in the bud.
CDQ woke up in a mood. I could tell she didn't get much sleep and everyone else was going to pay for it so I sent her to "rest" some. Well, their equivalent of rest was sleep. So Poufy told CDQ that she needed to scratch up her face and it would look like she slept.
Well what happened was she really did scratch up her face. When I asked her about it she said she was itchy. Her eyes were droopy (because she was pretending to have slept) and I thought she was having an allergic reaction. I busted out with the Benadryl and told her to get some sleep.
Fact is, she ended up with a fever after I gave her the medicine and she was whiny I thought she was getting sick. I told her she needed rest. No outside, nothin'. She kept trying to tell me she was fine. She was sooo whiny until she finally told me the truth before lunch. Good times.
I will never know what is going through their heads.
I'm hoping to post pics of all that I have been working on. It's been a lot. I've kinda been set back because Hubs woke up at 2 am throwing up. EW! I hate that so much. I have to hold the bucket and clean it up. He's ok now but it went on all night up until about noon. I will have to get him up out of bed soon.
I'm tired. How about you? What did you do this weekend? Humor me.

3 comments:
I'm so glad that you've found someone who understands.
Your story about the fake sleeping/illness reminded me of Nanny McPhee when the kids pretend to be sick, so Nanny McPhee fixes them so that they can't get out of bed. If only you had her magic walking stick..
Hope S is feeling better.
Glad you found Christine.
I also find networking with bloggers who are dealing with the same kind i stuff i am facing really helpful.
Yesterday a lady was a tears in front of me as her step daughter is giving her a lot of rouble.
Stalk me anytime! I'm thinking of starting a blogroll on my sidebar of bloggers who are parenting RAD. Like a one-stop-shop for just knowing you're not alone!!
Sometimes that just helps me ... to know there are others out there. I talk very openly on my blog, but there are some behaviors (for privacy sake) that I absolutely cannot discuss. And I think it would make the average person's head spin. They can't handle it.
So, I have to hunt down those who are walking in my very crazy shoes! I just need to know that there is hope for healing, but more than that - there is hope that I can do this one more day.
Big squishy hugs to you.
Post a Comment