4th of July was one of those rare good days. Only one child was in trouble and even then it wasn't huge trouble. I didn't get any firework or sparkler pictures because this was our first year setting off fireworks of our own and well, it's really just me who can set them off. Which made me really nervous because well...did I ever tell you about the time a firework went off between my thumb and forefinger? Well, let's just say the adults were too busy getting drunk and high so they gave me (then 8) and one of my sister's cousins (10) the fireworks to light for the younger kids. We set off one of those spinning ones that turns really fast. They are just under two inches,anyway nothin' happened so they told me to pick it up and I did and I held it up to Jaime's ear and then it went off. POP! I couldn't feel my thumb or finger until the next day and Jaime couldn't hear either. Good times. NOT!
Anyhow, I was really nervous. Hubs picked out the fireworks because he's familiar with them. They weren't too bad at all. Just small little lights that went out quickly.
During the day, the kids knocked themselves out in the water. Running through this wiggly thing.
While the water was going there were also BUBBLES! Oh, the bubble anticipation! Can't you see it on their faces? While I'm looking at them... Poufy is the one with the blue swimsuit on, next to her is CDQ...does she really look that skinny? If you ask me they both are sticks. But I just don't see what the therapist does. CDQ is a year older so I expect her to be a little bigger but she's not that much bigger.
Can't forget the dessert. Typically I make some kind of cake but this year I decided to mix it up a little. This was so good. It was simply chopped up strawberries mixed in a glaze with blueberries, cool whip and chunks of angel food cake. Literally the bowl looked like this less than 3 minutes from making it. I like to think it was somewhat healthy. lol

No comments:
Post a Comment