So here are some more pictures from the Home Improvement front...
This used to be our built in entertainment center area. I pulled that sucker out. It was not conducive to what we wanted or needed. I didn't realize how deep it really was. Although, sadly enough it's still not deep enough for my old school big screen TV.
Here's some after pictures for the flooring portion anyway, I still have to tape and texture it and cover up those junction boxes and paint. Believe it or not, I actually organized this. I remember posting on my old blog about putting in the child safety locks. Well, apparently the child safety locks are really just a different kind of lock as far as the kids are concerned because I can't seem to keep them out of there. Seems they just like things in chaos and jumbled and thrown everywhere.
But I finally couldn't take it anymore. I redid the whole thing. Boy was it a mess! My cleaning supplies have tripled since the kids moved in.
I also installed this cute little light fixture over the kitchen sink. I love it! I got it at W@l-M@rt believe it or not! I could've looked for a slightly longer one but you know what? This one is perfect. I only wanted to light the sink and the two adjacent counters and this does an awesome job. I think it might even illuminate the area outside the window!
This is hopefully, the last ceiling fan I will install. This is the gameroom ceiling fan. It is the 7th ceiling fan in my house. Can I just say *sigh*. I am so glad this is done. It's not a hard thing to do it's just a PITA. Especially when you are short.
This is my prize Home Improvement find. LOL! I ran in to grab ONE thing from the store after church while Hubs and the kids were outside waiting and I came across this! We are HUGE Mon Chhi Chi Fans. HUGE! I came running out in my heels holding the rug in front of me. I didn't even wait to get in the van. I saw Hubs jaw drop. He couldn't believe it. lol
Lastly, here is a picture of one of the screens. I built one for our bedroom, one for our closet and 2 for the game room. I still have to build the one for the kitchen and one last one for the living room. I only bought enough to do half because I didn't want to drive myself crazy making them. The four I made yesterday took all day between the kids and cooking meals!
Today's plan is to fix three of the kids bikes. One needs the chain put back on and the other two need those slime tires installed.
I have other things on my list but I'm afraid to list them because I don't want to feel overwhelmed on my week off.

No comments:
Post a Comment