Pages

Tuesday, July 29, 2008

The Cat Saga Continues...


So, I still have the cats since last week.

Smudge showing me on her calendar just how loooooong they have been here.




These kittens are no longer wild but LOVE attention and sadly think they have found a home. They have been living in my laundry room or as the cats call it, their "playroom". There are literally tons of toys in that room. Cat toys to be specific.



There's also a huge cat tree that spans from the floor to the ceiling, not to mention the cushy little beds and jungle gym type equipment for them to run through and play with.



They are in heaven.



Lots of purring and licking and no I am not going to keep them. I can't. My other cats will not hear of it.

"I don't think so!"


"Uh..NO!"


Can you tell they aren't happy? Scrawn wouldn't even let me get her picture.

I called the realtor and she told me she was going to pick them up, since then no answer. She's not answering her phone or returning her pages. Conveniently her mailbox is always full. I knew when she called me back, there was a certain "Aww, shit!" quality to the tone of her voice when she realized who she just called and why I was calling.

I wasn't keeping the Mama Cat inside, but instead outside in a foldable kennel that zips up. Last night she figured out how to unzip it and she's gone.



I think there should be some kind of law for people like the old neighbors, the new neighbors and the Realtor. They all knew about the situation and instead they are ignoring it at the cost of lives. I think the three kittens that I couldn't catch are now dead. I have not seen them at all.



In the mean time I am dealing with a huge fly problem that is plaguing the dogs now. Turns out the kittens decided to use under Hubs ramp as a litter box and now we are inundated with flies. I've bought these bag traps that have something in them that I add water to and it traps them in there. The bag was so full of flies it was solid black inside and that's just from overnight. When I picked up the bag to toss it, the flies were TALKING in this weird tone sound seemingly as one. EWWWW! *shivers*



We've cleaned out the stuff from under the ramp but the poor dogs have flies all on them and it seems like they are most drawn to their nose. I feel so bad for our dogs. We didn't have this problem before. At least that bag thing cleared up most of them. I have another one out already.



It's just not right.



4 comments:

Kether said...

Those bag traps STINK.

That really sucks about the kittens (but oh do I want one...) We have a feral cat that we feed (and I had spayed) and even though she's not a housecat, I'm either going to bring her to be feral in my new neighborhood, or post her on freecycle to be a barn cat. It would be irresponsible to just leave her there.

Caroline said...

Girl, I am totally tired from just reading your profile! Good Lord! Thanks for stopping by Pocket Change on my big day yesterday! Totally appreciate all your comment love.

Brenda said...

That is sad. People don't take very good care of animals. Makes you wonder what kind of parents they would be.

moosh in indy. said...

I'm sitting in Starbucks scrunching my nose with empathy. I think the barista is taking it personally.
SHOO FLIES.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...