Pages

Thursday, July 24, 2008

Adult Tantrum Throwing at it's best...

I am going to share one of my not so great moments with all of you. At least I came in my room and did it only in front of Hubs. Which is still bad...

Our neighbors sold their house. New neighbors moved in within days of each other. The old neighbors, whom we liked a lot, did not speak english but they were great neighbors until they moved out.

They left behind their cat and her 5 kittens.

In come new neighbors. New neighbors don't seem to care that there is an adult cat with 5 kittens starving to death. I happened to pick up the mother cat and found that I could almost touch my thumb and forefinger even though my hand was around her waist. She was starving to death. I put food out and her and the little ones came and ate.

I talked to the new neighbors and the impression was that they weren't going to do anything about them. In fact, right in front of me they started shooing the kittens into my yard. Um, ok.

*cue twilight zone music*

I thought I might help them along by helping catch the cat and the kittens. I was able to catch three kittens and decided to leave the mom out since she was now coming to me and was instrumental in catching the three that I had.

Well, fast forward a day, one of my kids decided she was allowed to play with the cats and accidentally let one of the caught ones lose. DAMN!

While trying to recapture that one, I realized the new neighbors had covered up their fence so that the kittens could not come back into their yard. Thereby trapping the kittens in our yard.

We are in monsoon season, the kittens found a way under my house. Lovely.

Not happy.

Then comes the next day. I have a gray and white male unfixed cat at my house singing the blues and rubbing and spraying all over everything.


So at that I start to get angry.

I called the Humane Society and left a message (still no reply to this day), I called the realtor of our former neighbors. I was pulling out my hair.

Finally the realtor called us and I think it was a call she wished she hadn't made. She told me she would come and get the cats and I felt some relief that at least two kittens would be ok.

I guess what I forgot to mention is that the new neighbors have three big dogs who do not like cats and they spend their time searching and growling for the kittens. I'm worried they are going to catch one and rip it to shreds.

So, she said she would be at my house in 45 minutes to an hour. Not 5 minutes after that, the child who accidentally let one kitten out somehow accidentally let them all out. They were all loose again.

I went to my room and I lost it. I have a box full of stuff from the living room (almost done with the remodel) and I kicked the crap out of it.

Hubs was confused because he doesn't know why it's such a big deal.

Hmmmm, dead cats under the house? Mauled cats next door? All possibilities. Not to mention how many more cats 6 cats can produce in a year. If they don't care about the 6 cats and they are blocking them into our yard, what makes him think they won't care about a couple gazillion?!?!


Oh, and did I mention the neighbors on the other side of us just up and left and it's up for rent again.

Dear God, please send us some good neighbors...please!?! With a good boy the boy's age so he can have a friend. Thank you for your consideration,




*updated to add that I have caught the Mom cat and two kittens. Poor Kittens. They are starving and they tried their best to evade me, but I could tell in the end, they just gave up and let me capture them. They were hot, tired and thirsty. There are three kittens left. Wish me luck.

1 comment:

Kether said...

People PISS ME OFF.

I hope those cats are able to find homes and get spayed and neutered. I'd be mad too.

I so hear you on the neighbor thing. I'm praying for that for you, too.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...