Pages

Monday, August 10, 2009

Ok, I give, I give...this has to be a bad joke.

Poufy started her period. She is 8.

This can't be right.
Glitter Text Generator

10 comments:

Crazy Mama said...

Oh geez! You can even catch a break! BTW love the tags you put on this one.

~Dinah said...

I don't know what you're doing nutrition-wise for your kiddos, so if you are doing this, I'm sorry for posting.

I put my 9 year old DD on hormone free organic milk when I heard a story about a 9 year old girl (relative of someone I know) starting to develop and then it all stopping once she went off the hormone laced regular kind of milk.

Hugs for both of you. 8 is really young.

obladi oblada said...

Wow...you are really scaring me, since S is 9!!!

Reighnie said...

You know what, I will give it a shot with the milk. They only have it in their cereal for breakfast.

I was thinking it was the resperdal (sp?) or seroquel (sp?) that they were on because it is known to increase the hormone,prolactin and to kick off menstruation.

I thought it was that because Poufy and CDQ were on it the longest and SS was only on it for a month before they switched it to the generic which didn't work for them.

So far, SS (who is 10) shows no signs of puberty.

However, they haven't been on the meds for about a year.

The Accidental Mommy said...

o
m
g

Dia por Dia said...

The hormone free stuff is a good idea. We had a comparable situation with my godchild (who is also African American.)We switched to organic milk and soy milk, reducing/eliminating use of some plastic products cups, waterbottles plastic plates, microwaving, etc. In her case stopped using hair products containing organic materials with hormones (which some "Black hair" products have.) It's amazing the things we don't realize! There's a good article about early puberty in the magazine Color Lines ( the link is http://www.colorlines.com/article.php?ID=380 -- in case you are interested.)

Best,
Dia

Laynie said...

I was 8 too. It was HORRIBLE! There is no way to comprehend the responsibility at that age which leads to VERY embarrassing moments! There is a pill. I asked the pediatrician as soon as my daughter was born how to keep her from experiencing the same trauma. He said she can take this medicine daily on the onset of puberty, which will stop, until she reaches the appropriate age. Then she stops taking the pill and puberty begins. Hope this helps.

Carol said...

Aw, jeez....as if you don't have enough to worry about!!!! You've gotten some great advice here...the only thing I would add would be "birth control, birth control, birth control"....

It's easy to do when they're younger. We got DD on the pill at 14. I told her it would make her cramps better (and it did, but that wasn't the real reason...)

Better safe than sorry!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...