Pages

Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Don't want to be a whiner...

Guys, don't worry about me. I'll be ok.  I'm just in a rough patch. 

I think I have Rheumatoid Arthritis.  Hell, who am I kidding. All I need is a Doctor's seal on it.

I've been having extreme joint pain to the point where I can't move. My arms, wrists, elbows, shoulders, ankles, fingers, toes, legs, knees. It's random and it moves and it's on both sides and nothing works. 

I used to take children's chewable tylenol (1 tablet) and be out within 10 minutes. I'm taking two @leves and nuttin'.  It's also  interfering with my sleep because if I do fall asleep and I am in pain, moving my leg or my arm or whatever hurts jolts me awake and then the anxiety kicks in and the next thing I know it's 4 in the morning and I'm still streaming movies or shows off of Netflix. Which I have to add, some of those BBC movies of classic literature that last 6 or more hours are pretty damn good! :-) 

At any rate, I was talking to Hubbin's home health nurse today and I was so exhausted. I told her some of the trouble I've been having and right off the bat she said it sounded like RA. I hadn't even mentioned it to her. But I know in my heart, it's what I have. 

I love to cross-stitch and crochet and I was teaching myself to knit. I like working outside with my roses and flowers. 

I like cake decorating and baking. 

I liked using my elliptical and I think the Wii Fit is fun, even if it makes my Mii so fat she can't put her arms down on her sides and she keeps twisting and turning to try to see her big butt. (Side note... since I got the Wii Fit, I've only been able to use it about a handful of times and have actually lost 5 lbs! My physical trainer on the Wii Fit can't complain either! LOL I LOVE IT!) 

I need my hands and my arms.  I need to be able to move. Taking care of Hubbins is very physically demanding. I transfer him from his bed to chair and back again every day. Even when I am in pain.  I do medical procedures on him that require me to pull and lift and turn him everyday. I do it all in pain and if Flo is visiting like yesterday. I just want to sit and die. 

I'm also predisposed to having joint issues because I am a pill baby and my joints didn't fully develop.  

All this has me down. The nurse recommended I take cinnamon for the pain. She told me if I go to the doctor that they will want to prescribe steroids and then narcotics and that since I am already building up a tolerance for pain meds, those things will no longer work in the long run and I will still have the damage to my bones, joints, muscles, etc... 

She's taking cinnamon for her pain and she said she doesn't have to take anymore pills for it.  So, I have some hope and today I was pretty good as far as the pain went. I'm sort of embarrassed to say it, but I think the weather has something to do with my pain too. When it's cold it hurts so bad. It's not cold in our house but if it's cold outside it hurts me. *blush*

Things could be worse, I'll be ok.  My kid made honor roll. We have a week off for Easter Break. I'm happy. 

Incidentally, I discovered that our CY$FD has a lending library and they are offering attachment courses. I'm excited and scared.  I noticed one of our local social workers follows J's blog and the blog for the local CY@FD people links to Lisa's blog. 

I'm scared because I have been threatened before by the local  CY@FD that if I couldn't do this they would take the kids from me, that was when we asked for services. I don't know what they could do now that the kids are ours. But it scares me. It's not the social worker we had. Our social worker knew nothing about RAD. 

I'm excited though because this social worker must know, or understand some of it if she is reading J's blog. I should hope.  I'm also excited because they have all the books and DVDs I wanted to read and watch. (including yours Lisa).  

It's so funny how I came across their blog. I couldn't even tell you how but it was less than 5 minutes after I had placed an order at @mazon. I think I was doing a search for that Give Me A Break DVD set.  Any how... I'm excited to get my paws on those materials. 

I was also doing some research on sleep aids. Surprisingly, not for me. But for CDQ. I've noted that she's been awake at all hours like myself and she's been especially cranky, rubbing her eyes, etc... I imagine she looks like me if I were to look at myself in the mirror. LOL! 

I bought some sleepy time tea. I was thinking of buying some of that calming baby body wash and having her bathe at night before bed.  That reminds me, I forgot I was going to buy that guided imagery book. 

Anyhow, I'll be ok. Just a rough patch. 

5 comments:

Sheri said...

Hey Sasha . . I'm sure everyone will be giving you advice about what to take, but I have 2 cents for you . . .

My hubby was always in pain and just felt plain crappy. The doc kept upping his Pro.zac and it was not helping at all. I swore he had Seasonal affective Disorder and he kept insisting he had RA. Anyway, after the malarky with his hip, someone said to take CoQ10.

I thought CoQ10 was for your heart, but the more research I did on it said that it helps to lubricate the joints and makes you feel more rested. It was a MIRACLE worker for Robert. In just 4 days of taking it he felt AMAZING. Interestingly enough, the hip issue that put him in a wheel chair and on bed rest, you know the one they said would keep him down for up to 8 months? Well, it got miraculously better after 1 week of CoQ10. The doctor said it was a coincidence.

It's expensive, (well for us $45 a month is expensive) but it is WELL worth it.. . and it's all natural.

mrslilypond said...

Don't fret! My cousin (and only 31)is an RN and she has rheumatoid arthritis, and she still does everything she used to including cross stitch. Would you like me to find out what she uses, so if you do decide to go to the doctor you know what you are in for?

The Accidental Mommy said...

Living in pain can amplify everything around you. I hope it gets better. Don't worry about your vents, just know that we are all out here rooting for you, and worrying too.

Donetta said...

Hay girl a few tips...

First if your a type O blood, well here are the things I have learned that help me (she who has to have a knee replaced) , Cherry Juice the real stuff not a dring.
Also add cayanne to your recipes for the pepper, tumeric is a spice that turns food a bit yellow and adds a wonderful flavor. The ancients used this
if you go to a helf food store that sells bulk herbs and spices you can get it cheep. at the grocery is not the place to get it.

Now sweet cdq try Calms Forta' it is an herbal pill very tiny. Also melatonin is good for kids.
If the kid is a type a blood type (Dove is) Then verbena (a stinky little capsule) is supper to calm.
I got her off all meds using it to reduce the anxiety.

No shame in needed to tend your own body, we just gotta remember to give ourselves permission (you and I both).

Donetta said...

Dove type A

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...