Pages

Thursday, April 2, 2009

Dumb and Dumber

So weeks ago, I purchased this kick ass stove. Actually, come to think of it, it could have been a month by now. 

Hubbins had narrowed it down to two that would do the trick for us. Glass top, double oven convection, pizza setting, programmable...the works! We mulled over it and I picked the opposite of the one he wanted (of course) but the clincher! Mine went on sale!  Well, then we had to get it.  It was a sign you know? Plus I had gone the extra mile and went to the website and checked out all the features and watched the demos. After I sent that info to Hubbins, well he was lusting for it too! 

They were actually able to deliver it that very weekend I bought it and they called us and let us know that we were the first for delivery which was perfect because I had a cookie booth that afternoon. 

I have to admit, I was suspicious. I mean usually we have to wait at least two weeks for an appliance delivery and we are NEVER the first for delivery. 

So they actually came when they said they were...well truthfully they were 15 minutes early.  (I know! Never happens!) They went to set it up and promptly informed me that I didn't have a plug for it. Well you see, the other is propane and I hate it. I wanted electric this time.

Hubbins asked me if there was a plug back there before we bought it and yes, there are two plugs actually. But neither one is right.  Turns out we have to get one of those big hunkin' plugs ( why, yes that's the technical name for them) installed and our box doohickey (yes, another technical name)could be full. WONDERFUL! 

The delivery people said they could take it back but I said no! Just leave it in the box and I pushed the box from the living room to a corner in the kitchen and it has sat there for weeks. Every week Hubbins is supposed to call THE GUY to get an estimate and schedule it but he doesn't do it. 

Today, I had it. 

Cell ringing: 

Me: "Hello!"
Hubbins: "Do you want me to call the guy about the stove?"
M: "Um, yes. Please."
H: "Ok, I'll do that right now."
M: "GOOD!"

Later, me calling Hubbins: 

H:"Hello?"
M:" It's me!, Did you get ahold of THE GUY?" (because I was all expecting a date set and every thing, silly me!)
H: "uhhhhhhhh...no."
M: "What do you mean no? He wasn't there?"
H: *silence*
M: "You didn't call him did you? Why did you call me and tell me you were going to call him and then didn't do it?"
H: *silence*
M: "Maybe you think the box is all pretty and like seeing it in that corner but I don't. That's the most expensive ********** box I've ever bought!"
H: "Ok, ok... I call him right now."

click. 

Seriously, he plays games on the computer all day, ALL DAY! Even emails the programmers to tell them he's found a bug in their games. *rolling eyes* 

It's been a month easily that I've told him over and over at the beginning of the week. Call THE GUY set it up for Friday, etc.... MEN! 



UPDATED: THE GUY is coming tomorrow! WHOO HOO! Hopefully we will be able to set up the work ASAP!

1 comment:

~Dinah said...

How did my husband end up at your house!?!? Why do men have phone phobia?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...