So, the video camera system came on the 7th. I was able to install one camera in CDQ and Poufy's room Thursday night.
Can you just hear my sigh of relief?
I wish we would have done this sooner.
See, to my mortification, the day that the cameras were in transit to our home, I discovered CDQ was BITING Poufy all over her arms and God knows where else. Poufy never cried or screamed or anything. CDQ said she did it because she didn't want Poufy to talk. I never wanted to knock someone's teeth out more (well except their mother's) than I did at that moment. I don't care if people get mad, but if you could see what she did to Poufy...it's awful. I don't know why Poufy didn't say anything.
I am seriously think CDQ is going to have to be institutionalized. I worry she is going to be the serial killer. Things that she does...scary.
The other thing I discovered was that Poufy spends her days m@sterbating in front of CDQ. That however doesn't bother CDQ. Go figure. They both traumatize me.
Well, I got the camera in Friday night and I LOVE them. They are infrared so I can see them in the dark too. After it was set up, I walked over and looked at them on the screen and they were both laying there quietly. I remarked "Aww, they are like little angels now." and I could see a huge smile spread across Poufy's face and CDQ turned to her side and covered her face but I knew she was smiling huge too.
This morning rather than the 4 am wake up that we usually get over the monitor, I looked in on them on the screen and they were both fast asleep at almost 9 am! I'm talking drooling on their pillow sleep.
At dinner, this was the convo...
CDQ: I like the camera.
Poufy: ME TOO!
CDQ: I feel better.
Me: Do you feel safe?
The oldest: Safe?
Poufy: YEAH!
CDQ: I do *shaking head up and down*
The oldest: Why don't they feel safe?
Isn't it crazy how they are scared of each other and torture each other but they don't make the connection that they don't have to be that way towards each other and that they are causing their own situations? Tonight I gave them all sleepy time tea.
I also was able to install a second camera in the boy and SS's room. I think I will be moving SS out of that room soon. It's more peaceful with the cameras. The boy doesn't get the concept that we can see what he's doing. It's funny because I'll yell for him to stop and I see him lift his head and look around confused. LOL! Then he resumes what he's doing until I tell him in detail to stop. *shaking my head*
I have two more cameras to install. One in the oldest's bedroom, where SS will eventually move back into, and one for the hallway.
I can't tell you how much I love these cameras. It's only been a day but it was such a dramatic change since they know we are watching. I don't even think it has anything to do with them getting in trouble but it seems to give them peace of mind knowing.
Oh, the other thing that happened. Hubbins sent CDQ out of the kitchen during tea time for something she had done, I think he had told her to stop messing around because she was going to end up with hot tea coming out of her nose or something. Anyway, normally, she would have went into the room and pounded her legs with her fists or slammed her head against the wall or both. This time she just sat there biting her nails but it looked like she was thinking.
My house is so quiet. Everyone is really asleep. I am happy.
Next time I will tell you how I was taken by the electrician. I can't believe I handed over my entire paycheck to him. Literally. I have $5 left. My 100 hours of work to his 3 hours...ARGH!

4 comments:
Yay for the cameras! Hoping it will give you all some peace.
Yay for the camera system. It worked wonders for my two oldest especially because I was able to see the oldest boy harassing the toddler. Now they each have separate rooms. Do you mind sharing what system you got? We have almost "killed" our current setup. Thanks and I am so glad you are finding some peace and that they are feeling safer.
How excellent!! I am so glad they are working already!
We bought a 4 camera indoor/outdoor Q-See from Costco. I'm using my old tv from college to view the rooms.
It had I think a $200 or $250 rebate and it's a snap to install. Total cost under $300 (if I remember right) after shipping and taxes.
I felt weird having put one up but now that I know others do this, I feel a little better. I had no idea how to make sure they were safe without them. *phew*
The only thing I would do differently is get ceiling cams. That way it gives an overview automatically of the whole room instead of standing and repositioning every single time until I got what I needed into the view. Still a great investment.
Post a Comment