Pages

Thursday, August 7, 2008

I Didn't Even Know I Had A Problem

So, I ended up posting about The Oldest first day in Middle School instead of the thing that happened after I got creeped out about the house. Let me just tell you, I dropped off my girl and she was able to speak in complete sentences. When I picked her up I couldn't understand a damn word she was saying! lol Let's just say she was a little overwhelmed. But you know what? Good. Better now than at her first day of college, right?

Anyhow, We ended up stopping at W@lmart on the way home from checking out the other house because we needed some dog food. I decided I should get the girl's hair cut while I was at it. I noticed the woman who usually cuts their hair wasn't in. It was the man instead. I couldn't recall if he had cut the kids hair before.

Anyway, he was cutting some guy's hair and I was still in a daze from the house. Just thinking about my spooked feeling and then all the repairs that we are I am going to have to do.

When he finished the guys hair, he had gone up to the desk and he kept saying Amethyst. I didn't realize he was talking to me or that he was even saying a name. He seemed to be taking care of some business or so I thought with the sign in sheet.


So he tried to pronounce one of my daughter's names and I smiled at him and told him the pronunciation. He said he had to get the booster and stuff and I thought everything was fine.

Meanwhile, CDQ is saying she wants her hair really short so I suggested maybe she should try it at a certain length first and if she wants it shorter let him know.Well he comes up, puts the booster seat on the chair and she sits down. He tells me that her hair is really thick and that he doesn't have the time to do several haircuts because he'll miss his bus. I was starting to tell him that we could come back another time when he says : "I'm not going to miss my bus and be 500 miles from home for your daughter."

I was taken aback.

I told her to get down and she did. I was starting again to tell him we would be back another time when he muttered "Something isn't right here." and he walked across the room. I was like "what?" I told him to repeat himself and he was all drama queen hand in the air, he "knows when people have a problem with him".

I have to admit, I was totally floored.

I mean I was dazed coming in but I don't even remember looking at the guy. At first, I assumed it was because I couldn't remember if he had cut my kid's hair, so I told him "Look, I have 5 kids I don't know if you cut their hair or not but I do remember talking to you before. I do not have a problem with you at all."

He kept trying to tell me that I did, so then, and this made me chuckle inside a little, I wondered if he thought that I had a problem with him being feminine and gay. It makes me chuckle because more than half my friends from high school are gay. Male and female.

In college, I went out and partied at a gay bar and went to a rave afterwards where I danced with a guy in a skirt and a fishnet shirt named Thomas until 9 am. Almost all the people I knew personally ,and not through work, are gay. Point of fact, I remember being home sick and the Marilyn Kagan talk show was on tv, 2 girls I was on the tennis team with were fighting over a girl I had never met. What are those chances?

I feel the most comfortable around gay people. So that's why it struck me funny, if that's what he was thinking.

I reassured him that I was having a stressful day just coming from viewing the house and how it was trashed and creepy and that I wasn't focused. He shook my hand and was asking me about the house, etc... I kept hold of his hand and I looked him in the eyes and told him I had no problem with him.

I don't think he believed me, but I have to tell you, by the time I left the store. I felt like I was in the Twilight zone and I was not happy with Mr. Hair Cutter. I mean he was definitely rude and had I been in my normal state of mind I probably would have put it out there. I've decided I will not be taking my kids to get their hair cut by him because he showed me that he can be malicious and presumptuous. I don't trust him. It's just weird isn't it?

Anyhow, I got to see the inside of the house today. Wow is all I can say for now. Hopefully I will get a chance to post about it next.

Hope all is well with everyone,

1 comment:

Brenda said...

Wow. Weird hair cutting experience. So did you by this house or still thinking about it?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...