Today was registration for the last 4 of my kids. They start school on Monday (WHOOO HOOO!!)
I thought I was oh so smart scheduling them all for 1 pm. "I'm oh so cool because registration for 4 kids is ONLY going to take me an hour!" Well, we get there and I realize that I have forgotten my planner with room numbers and directions. Crap.
At least I remember the teachers names, but uh oh! They haven't cleared the two new fourth grade teachers and a reading assistant will be administering the tests..but where?
We couldn't find her and didn't find her until 1:45. LATE! That's how long it took to drop off the other three but luckily the woman let her go ahead and test after some minor complaining. After all, I'm sure I was a sight, dripping sweat and out of breath because we walked to every corner of that school, no doubt and I had to do four separate orientations for each child. Good Times!
Some how we managed to make it through. SS was still testing so I decided to drop off the 3 others with Hubs and go back and get her and then head off for The Oldest. All I have to say is they weren't kidding when they said they try to have the campus cleared by 3:15. They get out at 3 pm and I arrived to pick her up at 3:09 and there were no cars there.
There were about 8 kids including mine and she told me they had just announced that the kids that were left would have to go to aftercare in a couple of minutes. I guess I should have prefaced all this by saying that this is a private school with 420 students and NO BUSES. Each child is picked up and dropped off. That's why I am so amazed at how organized and efficient they are when it comes to getting the kids in and out of there pronto.
After that we grabbed some things for a semi-impromptu End Of Summer/Back To School party of sorts. Hubs and I knew we wanted to do it but now that it seems as of tomorrow we will be moving forward with the sale of our house and buying a new one now that we have a lender, it's just going to get really hectic from here on out.
So the kids donned their swimsuits and ran the whole evening away until bedtime. They were so happy.
This shot slays me because it looks so bad but in the moment I took the pictures they were laughing and running and I never saw these expressions.
I put out a few things buffet-style and let them at it. Ignore the "construction" and crap in the background. I am still working and now have torn apart the house giving more stuff away, packing a little and deciding what to put in storage. Fun. (note sarcasm)
Why yes, that is a mini sundae bar set up back there. They had a choice between sundaes or cupcakes. I'm the only one in the house who had a cupcake. lol
I wish everyday could be like this. Where I can just say..."You know what? Let's forget about everything that needs to be done and just have some fun!" and we do and everything goes perfectly, no tantrums, no fighting, just plain fun and happiness. These are the best days but they are so hard to come by aren't they?


2 comments:
Omigosh, did you sneak in that post that you have a lender and you're buying the other house!?!?!
I'm SO EXCITED!
That looks like a fun day! (I think few days with kids are perfect. we are trying to get a handle on the whining and tantrums ourselves... oh...and where to put stickers...)
Oops, actually, no we don't have that other house yet. We just have a preapproval letter for a certain amount.
It's not what they are asking for that house but that house, in the current condition that it is in, is not worth what they are asking for.
It's negotiation time.
I'm still nervous but not as much because I know we have a loan and just need to find another suitable house if they don't accept our offer. (We are already looking and found an "interesting" home on an acre just under our loan amount. Room to grow. lol)
So, we are moving regardless, the relief just on getting out of this neighborhood is enough. But if we could get that other house. We'd be set. It's perfect.
Post a Comment