Pages

Sunday, January 31, 2010

My heart is shattering...

*This was written a bit ago, just publishing it finally.*

into fine shards of very sharp glass...

I've been trying to maintain an appearance that everything is ok. But it's not.

I've been holding back the tears and anger for my kid's sake.

I've taken down their pictures because, even though they are my children and I should be able to share their beauty and my pride with the world, I won't be able to it.  They are victims and I don't want to victimize them further. I don't know, maybe I'll change my mind about this...maybe I am overreacting. I just don't know right now.

The topic of sexual abuse and incest has been flying through my house, names and situations are being given and I am trying to appear open and as if this is all ok.

I'll be brutally honest.

I want blood and even then, it wouldn't be good enough, not even close.

But these motherfuckers will walk free, they will molest and rape again.  My kids will never see justice, just like I've never seen it for my own situation.

I have called the people who have contact with the kid's older cousins on their bio mother's side. The oldest has two baby girls and her mother has a baby girl as well. I am so afraid that I am already too late. I didn't know they were all living with two of the abusers.

When will the cycle end? My abuser has abused at least two generations of his own family (his daughters and their children) besides me and possibly his current wife's sister that I know of and he has never been punished for it.  He walks free. Now one of my nephews (not any that have been in my house) has abused one of my nieces/daughter.

I sit here and listen to my kids tell me about the touching and the oral and the rape and apparently, their father cleaned them up, lined them up on the sofa so guys could come and "choose" the one they want to take to a room.  He would even point certain ones out. I don't know for certain if it was in exchange for drugs or money or both...it takes everything not to cry, vomit, scream, kill.... the 3 youngest were no older than 4 years old.

I thought about counseling, but I know my kids won't tell anyone else. It took what they had to open up to me. Maybe someday...but not now. I think if I were to try to bring a counselor into the mix my kids would shut down. Especially after the last therapist did such a mind fuck on them and actually tried to triangulate US against each other.

They shouldn't know these things,  especially not from people who were supposed to love and cherish them and nurture them...

My mind is in a state of shock. I keep messing up on things and forgetting, like I am walking in a cloud. It's official, there is not one person in my house who hasn't been abused in all forms (physical, mental, emotional, sexual). Not one.  There are seven of us and I can only shudder when I think of how much more is going on out there.

I hear numbers like 1 out of 6 girls/women and 1 out of 33 boys/men and I think they may be grossly wrong. I think it's happening more than people want to believe.

I'm not ignoring my blog, I'm still doing the "Big Clean" on my house...right now, it just feels like anything I write is just trivial. I know life goes on. But somethings are just too hard to swallow.

PS. Dia , if you read this, I will e-mail you soon about MA.

PPS. Sorry about the blog layout changes. I have a large widescreen monitor and had no idea it wasn't adjusting properly. I just assumed it was scaling for everyone. Hope this one works better. Let me know if it doesn't. Thanks.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm so, so sorry. I keep typing things and deleting them, but I know I can say that. I hope eventually you can find someone who can help the kids deal with this, because it isn't something you should have to do alone. But I'm so glad they have you, so glad they're safe now. Those poor children, and so many like them (and you)....

obladi oblada said...

I am deeply saddened by this. Im so glad that your kids feel they have someone to talk to, though it doesnt take away what they went through and the memories that they will probably always hold. I think you are right...so many more are out there. Its an epidemic problem. Cry, vomit, and scream if it helps you. Unfortunately you cant kill, but I understand you wanting to. Again, Im sorry.

~Dinah said...

crying for all of you...

Tudu said...

I have been where you are. It is deeply disturbing and consuming. I hope you and your family find a way to heal. If there is anything I can do please ask. I think in our situation is was helpful to have a trial and an ending point. I know it's not that way for every one.

Anonymous said...

Ugh. UGH. I hear you on the therapist. If you can't find a good one, it is better to not have one at all. When we found out about our kids, it was like someone sucked all the air out of the room for weeks afterwards. Hang in there.

Kether said...

shit

obladi oblada said...

Left you an award on my blog...you could use a little sunshine.,

Ashley said...

It's not enough. It's never enough, but I'm sorry

Dia por Dia said...

I am so very, very sorry. Email when it makes sense. I do hope you can find someone who can help you and them heal. You are one person and cannot do it alone without going through so much of the pain over and over again. They showed great courage and trust in sharing this with you and now you can help them break this cycle as they move to a healing place.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...