Pages

Wednesday, August 13, 2008

I Tried Really Hard

to have a good day yesterday. It was business as usual just taking pictures as I went about my day and completed tasks.

It was going well until the kids BROKE the back door frame. Yeah, the back door frame. How in the hell does one do that? My house is not a cardboard box. It's made of the best materials AND exceeds what most houses are made from. Hubs could give you a run down of the construction. But they broke the door. I lost it a little. When they asked what was for dessert. I laughed. Bad Mom!

C'mon, you know you would've laughed too.

Anyhow, I talked to a lender last night and while she was running my credit, etc... I was waiting for her to call back. Nerve wrecking. I decided, "Hey! Why don't I fix the tub faucet while I wait!?"

Dumb idea. At this point it is around 9 pm. I cut a hole in the kitchen wall to get to the pipes for the bathtub. I thought, "Not to bad, I can patch this easy." as I only cut a whole the size of my arm around so I could reach through and work.

Then I realized, "Hey! There's no water shut off to the tub, I'm going to have to shut off the water to the house."

*FROWN*

Ok, so flashlight and shovel in hand I search and dig in the last place I remember seeing the water cover. Found it in under 5 minutes. Whoo Hoo! The angels sing! It gets buried under sand easily so that was a miracle.

I turn off the water to the house. I install the new faucet and I run back out to turn it on. "Hmmm, the water is running, the faucet must be on." *turning cold water faucet* Nothin'

The cold water will not shut off. Let's just say after midnight, back and forth turning the water on and off that whole time, soaked to the bone and muddy, we came to the conclusion that there was no problem with the installation but a faulty faucet. *insert your favorite (or mine)four letter word here*

So I set my alarm for 5:15 am and I change out of my grungy clothes, remember there is ZERO water to the house, (I have to leave it off because the water will not shut off and there is no shut off inside) I get dressed and plan to just get up grab the faulty faucet and leave and that is what I did.

Thank God there was one faucet left at Home Depot. A lot of people there probably think I am crazy.

I ran home installed it. Woke the oldest up, she took a shower, I took a shower. Realized I had to get back in the dirt to turn on the water full force and cover the water access hole. Decided to fix the oldest breakfast first, only to find there was a bee in my kitchen. I hate those. *Really, insert my favorite four letter word here.* (sidenote, I wish I got paid a nickel for everytime I used it or thought it between yesterday and today. I could totally afford that other house and then some. lol)

So, I am off to drop the oldest off. Still trying to have a good day today. I meet with the lender this afternoon. I have to bring her all my paperwork.

Wish us luck and have a good day yourself ;-)

1 comment:

Brenda said...

I am very impressed that you did all that.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...