Pages

Tuesday, August 5, 2008

I WON!



Last night I had a Girl Scout Service Meeting to attend. When I got there I was given a raffle ticket and an envelope for my troop. When I opened the envelope there were various items including two Girl Scout Tote Bags. I asked who was supposed to get the tote bags and they told me they were for me. Sweeeet!

As the meeting progressed, they asked if there was anyone who did the troop organization for my other kid's school. (I do the troop organization for The Oldest's school because that's the troop I took over.) They said they had a 4th grader looking for a troop. There was no one there, sooooo I raised my hand and told them that I actually have a 4th grader from that school in my troop (my daughter) and they could add her to mine. Pretty cool. I'm kinda hoping that she ends up in my daughter's fourth grade class as well. SS has a hard time making friends and this could be a built in friend. The other thing is for my Junior troop as far as I know, it was only going to be my oldest two daughters in it. So I was really happy to find an "older" girl who was interested.

As I sat there being pleased with the turn of events. Some things were finally falling into place!Squee!! They started the raffle. There were some t-shirts for adults and children, a water bottle, a teacher's planner, a car license plate frame, and a Girl Scout notebook with a pen attached to it.

I was contemplating what I would choose. I was thinking probably the water bottle or the notebook. When I realized she was saying she was only going to call the last three numbers and had actually called them. It was silent in the room.

It was funny to me because I played back everything in my head slow mo without even thinking that I could win when I realized that I had indeed won! I was so stunned that I sat there and burst out "Hey, that's me!" and stayed sitting there. My astonishment must have been obvious because there was some laughter and finally I got my legs to work and went up there and picked the pen and notebook.

I was and continue to be so happy over this little notebook. I feel like a dork but it just totally made my year that's how happy and shocked I was. I had fun and I won and I got some cool new tote bags for my girl scout stuff.

It's been such a long time, I went to Home Depot after that and I found a bathroom faucet that I believe will work for my house (and had been looking for, for months to no avail). It was like a stroke of luck or something and I just wanted to tell everyone at Home Depot and in the parking lot that I had won this little notebook AND look the faucet that I need is probably here in my hot little hands too!

So, instead I am here telling all of you, with a HUGE smile on my face. lol

It's the little things that make me happy I tell ya! How about you? Has something tiny brought so much happiness in your life? Tell me about it because if it made you as happy as I am about this share it and relive the moment. lol

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...