Pages

Sunday, November 11, 2007

What do you do?

What do you do when you have 5 kids

who behave like animals?
who lie?
who steal from you?
who break things because they are physically able to?
who keep secrets?
who are boy crazy?
who are hateful?
who are disrespectful?
who are filthy?
etc...etc...

I am at the end of my rope.

My sister did a good job ruining these kids and I don't think I can fix them.

We have simple basic rules. They choose not to keep them.

Grounding them, taking away activities, time out, none of it works.

They say it takes time. It's been a year and there is no progress. What if they don't change? What if I end up like my mother? I'm already half way there and it's only been a year.

I feel like if the kids stay like this, they will kill me.

I'm not getting any help from social workers or the therapist. They don't seem to have any help to give. I don't know what my rights are and it's like because I am related I have no rights.

I've tried all that I know how to try. I'm not asking for too much.

All I ask is that they be honest, try hard at everything they do and take care of things.

It's too hard for them. It's easier for them to be devious, nasty and lazy.

I've made up incentive programs with rewards and everything for them. They don't care. I have mini parties with fun foods and movies or games. They don't care. I've taken everything from them and stripped things down to essentials. They don't care.

What's a person to do?

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...