Pages

Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Turkey Butter, Turkey Butter...

Turkey Butter! (Sang to the tune of You Can Do It, or something like that from Cinderella.)

I dropped the kids off at school this morning and off I went, singing away to myself in the van.

I got to the store and the parking lot wasn't too crowded but there was a part of me who was envisioning this huge display of Turkey Butter and a line out the door.

I went in the store and grabbed one of those mini-carts and took off. I was dodging people left and right. I could see fear in the eyes of some of the shoppers as I swerved around them.

I went around the parameter of the store and NO turkey butter display. Fear started to creep up. It's 8:45 am, could I have missed it already? ARGH!

I decided to end at the butter section, where I was still expecting a huge turkey butter display. Nothing.

Then the clouds parted and the sun shone through and right between some freaky green olive oil butter and I Can't Believe It's Not Butter... there it was!

All SIX boxes. That's ALL that was there.



I grabbed for three of them and I was inspecting them when this woman tried to push me out with her cart. One of the boxes was crushed so I was reaching to exchange it and she tried to cut me off. Can you believe it? I knew it was a conspiracy!

But I still left with my three boxes of turkey butter and a bounce in my walk. LOL!!!

Isn't it beautiful?

A year's worth of waiting, realized. It's the little things that make me crazy, isn't it?

I don't have the Turkey or even the bread that this butter is going to go on...but right now, it's all good in the world.

Next month, Christmas Tree Butter.

2 comments:

Kandy Seaton Smith said...

I had no idea such a thing even existed LOL

Glad you got yours :)

T with Honey said...

I'm so glad you visited my blog. My mom has to buy one of these every year. She caught the cold we had earlier this months and I know she hasn't bought her turkey butter yet.

I'm adding it to my 'to do' list for tomorrow right now, or else she'll have me stopping at every Shur Fine, Redners, etc. on the way to my aunt's house on Thursday!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...