Ok, so today we were out with the seven year old because she had a dentist appointment (more on that later). So that means that Hubs was with me.
The school parking lot is a battlefield. They installed these plastic-like speedbumps that are like a foot high.
This is bad for two reasons.
1.) Hub's face hits his control and he is rocked practically out of his wheelchair and
2.) We have a handicap van whose floor is dropped 8 inches so that Hubs can get in the van.
So that means that Hubs gets beat up and knocked around and the van gets scraped underneath. Not good.
I can drive around a few of the speed bumps. But not the whole lot. Usually when I get there the handicap parking is taken. We are talking about 4 spaces with 6 cars parked there. People park in the spaces meant for van accessibility like my hubby's van. You know where the striped lines are? Yeah, they make those parking spaces.
So, I hover, not park, around the curb of one of the parking areas. My kids aren't coming to the van where I am at (no way are they allowed to step foot in the parking lot. period) and I'm not getting down. I'm basically waiting for the first space to open up.
The woman who parks there and I sort of have this unspoken agreement. She parks there and gets her kid like in no time and then I wait and take her space when she leaves.
Well, today this van drove by really close and the woman in the passenger seat loudly said "no parking." It was a driveby reprimand.
This pissed me off for several reasons:
a.) I was not parked. My car was not in park.
b.) If you have something to say, be a woman and get down and come tell me so I can see your face as I smash it to the concrete.
c.) If you're stupid, keep your mouth shut.
d.) If you're a total asshole, you better keep moving.
I said some words of my own and life went on.
Except, when I parked, whaddaya know?
Guess who's parked on the striped lines of the handicap parking spaces?
One, guess...
If you guessed it was the hypocrite loser who yelled "No parking" to me.
Ding ding ding, you're a winner!
She even had the audacity to stare my van down as she walked by. 'Cept I didn't know it was her until she climbed in the van...in which case. I smiled sweetly as I looked over in disgust and said in a loud sing song voice "NO PAR-KING!"

No comments:
Post a Comment