Pages

Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Picture this...

Yesterday my alarm didn't go off...at all.

Luckily, my oldest woke me up and I got everyone out the door and to school on time.

My alarm is 13 years old. It's due to be replaced but I kept putting it off. Even though I had already bought a replacement and had the replacement sitting nice and neatly still in the box right next to the old one.

Last night I finally gave up and just set up the new one. I unplugged the old one and set it next to the new one. When I set up the old one I decided I would take an extra half hour of sleep.

This morning, much to my shock. The old one went off. Yep. The unplugged old one went off. I grabbed it and fumbled in the dark, there were no digits or anything on the face. Lovely. I must have hit snooze because 10 minutes later it did the same thing. Finally, I thought I had turned it off. But of course the new alarm went off 10 minutes after that.

I hate alarms. Don't you?

I was talking to Hubs about it when he said "It has a battery."

I said "No it doesn't...I don't put batteries in my alarms."

Then I smiled foolishly. Two summers ago we had blackouts where I live. When the monsoons came, all power went out. I had put a battery in because even though I was consulting, I still had hours I had to be working. I had forgotten.

I sheepishly told Hubs "Oh yeah." then I quickly mentioned a conversation I had with my boss over the same clock years ago.

I used to live in California, land of the rolling blackouts. One morning I woke up to find I had no power. When I got to work, my boss told me I should buy one of those alarm clocks with a battery. I told him I had one, it just didn't have a battery in it. I remember he just shook his head. lol

That' s my story and I am sticking to it. lol

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...