When she came to me last year, she came with big thick brown spots on her two front teeth. I didn't know what it was but soon found out it was tooth decay build up. (ick) She had been working on it and brushing it down and it was almost completely gone.
The Dentist said that they were baby teeth and that the nerves were dead so there was no danger of the cavity going into her new teeth. (Ok, if I don't make sense it's because I've only had four cavities in my life and I got them when I was 19-20 and I had braces. The brackets in the back that go around the back teeth is where I got the cavities on the sides of the teeth where the brackets covered. So, all this crown, cavity, cement stuff is new to me.)
He said the teeth were basically dead and they could be pulled or we could just wait until they fell off.
Well CDQ decided she wanted them pulled because she wanted to buy a bottle water and a half a pickle at school. I could see the wheels turning. All that attention when she goes back to school and when everyone saw her....whew!
She's going to live on this until the teeth come in. Really, she's all about drama and attention to a point of obsession.
Here she is relaxed. Sadly, she still hasn't realized that she is not going to be able to eat that half pickle tomorrow without some work.
There she is pointing to the tooth fairy pillow where both her teeth were nestled safely.
Note that I got smart and hung the pillow on the front door knob. It was torture waiting until they fell asleep and not forgetting about it, ya know? Not only that, it's like mission impossible when they move the pillow from the location that you both put it at before they went to sleep. Then I'm stuck looking carefully under them, under the bed, arm stuck deep under the pillow.
This is just easier.
She did well, she didn't really know what she was in for. She didn't know about the pliers or needle. She freaked out a little until I told her she was doing way better than her older sister did.
Kids...they are crazy!

No comments:
Post a Comment