Pages

Friday, August 17, 2007

Walk 2 miles...pluheeze..easy as cake...

Seriously, I must do that at the store that starts with a W like 4 times a week easy...


At least that's what I thought.

I've kept it no secret that I've gained 40 lbs er..possibly 50 lbs by now since last year. I say mainly because of lack of sleep and extreme stress not to mention an addiction to Coca Cola. I can actually feel that I am out of shape. Like gross out of shape.

I was worried about just throwing myself into working out on my machines and getting hurt so I wanted to do something slow. Walking sounded good. Walking in my house with a DVD sounded really really good. How hard can it be? It's not race walking for crying out loud.

So, off I go. I'm a little crampy and a lot PMS'y but I want to do this. Mile 1 was a breeze. It's not just walking, there are intervals of fast walking, side to side steps, and kicking and knee lifts.

When the mile 1 marker came up on the screen, I was like damn, I'm good! Not even a sweat....but somewhere near mile marker 2. I lost it with the woman on the screen. I was in the middle of what felt like 10 minutes of straight knee lifts when I heard..."cut the chit chat bitch and count." I saw the guy on the screen tell her to count...and I realized...*I* am the one who just called this woman on the dvd a bitch.

My legs felt like lead weights, but my back felt like it was being torn from the bottom up lifting my legs and just like I am trying to justify it now, I was telling myself she deserved it and I'm not strange for yelling at my dvd. After all she said 4 more like 54 more ago but she kept talking and joking like she's clever and witty AND HEY! Even the guy on the screen with her told her to count already.

I think they anticipated that this woman could work a nerve because also included in the dvd is the same work out with her voice muted out and louder music. I wil be using that one from now on.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...