Pages

Friday, August 10, 2007

Is that shame I see?

This is Dellyne... Dellyne doesn't look very happy. You see, yesterday when I went out to water the trees outside, I thought maybe it would be nice to let the dogs out to stretch their legs. Dellyne has a problem with getting over excited and jumping. So what typically happens is Ava demonstrates how to sit and gets let out before Dellyne and then Dellyne gets the idea.


But yesterday went horribly wrong. Dellyne forgot that she is to bow down and let me unhook her from her lead. Because her behavior is sporadic we keep her on a lead just in case she ever gets that fence open.


So, yesterday...she decides to run for it when I open the door to let her out after she has sat down. So I say "Dellyne...is that what you are supposed to do?" She stops in her tracks and proceeds to turn around and walk back towards the dog area. Except at the last minute she decides to walk behind me instead of in front of me.


I see this is not going to be good... I panic. I yell "Dellyne NO!"


She runs full speed into the dog area dragging her metal lead across BOTH my ankles.





I wanted to KILL her. It burnt for hours. I put cold water on it and it just felt like I was slowly being seared. I could feel the burn going deeper and deeper. I couldn't find any comfort for hours and they are in such odd positions that the ice packs wouldn't sit properly while they were still frozen solid.


Poor Ava, when it happened...she knew she wasn't going to get any stretching time. She bowed her head and escorted herself back into the dog area. I thought I heard her mumble something that sounded like "rumrass" when she walked passed Dellyne, but then that could of been me...in agony...

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...