Pages

Saturday, August 11, 2007

She has such a beautiful voice...

Yesterday when I was at the grocery store they were playing Janis Joplin's "Son of A Preacher Man". I went across to pick up a prescription and they were playing Janis Joplin's "Me and Bobby McGee".

All this Janis got me to thinking about Amy Winehouse. From the moment I heard her voice, I just thought it was amazing.

Although, I wanted to cry for her because sadly...in the state that she's in and the lyrics to her songs. She has no desire to change...well let me rephrase that... she doesn't realize that she needs to make the change and she seems to be waiting not really to change but to die.

They can keep putting all these girls in rehab but all they are doing is buying time. If they don't want to change it ain't gonna happen.

What's really sad is just how much Amy hates herself.

It scares me...because a song like this could easily become my little sister's anthem. I think they might even be the same age or very close to it.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...