Pages

Wednesday, August 8, 2007

Adventures in Laundry

The other night I was up late doing laundry when I noticed a basket of laundry that I had done the night before sitting by the front door.

You see, the kids idea of helping me is to take the clothes out of the dryer, take what they need out of it leaving half of it strewn across the floor and the other half to become wrinkled in the basket.

I trudged over to the basket picking up the discarded items and pulling it over to my "laundry station" (translate: piles of folded clean clothes on the living room floor.) It's important that I note at this time I was braless and wearing a tank top as it was hot...why is that important? Let me tell you why...

As I grabbed the first beach towel and shook the wrinkles out a huge pregnant spider sailed in the air directly towards my chest where it landed somewhere in there with "the girls".

I.freaked.out.

I flipped my tank top inside out at the top and leaned forward where I preceded to beat the hell out of the girls who were flailing about from the pounding until I saw the spider land on the towel in front of me.

It was quite the scene let me tell you.

I am so glad I was the only one who was still awake. I laughed my ass off all by myself...

Am I a nut or what?

3 comments:

Kether said...

My "girls" have serious burns on them right now because I accidentally poured boiling hot jambalaya down them. They blistered up and everything. My scene was probably very similar to yours and I was SO glad that I was alone in the kitchen.

Anonymous said...

You are not a nut. That would have scared the crap out of me!

Anonymous said...

i just happened upon your blog today - thought i would take a look around. i started blogging for the same reason. needing a space that was all mine and a place to sort out some thoughts.

this story really hits home for me. i am terrified of spiders and have employed my 7 yr old as the official spider stomper and put outsider. he loves it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...