Pages

Saturday, August 25, 2007

Breakfast of Champions


While I am waiting for my pictures to upload for my next post I thought I would share my breakfast with you.


WHOA! I just saw a new button....what is this VIDEO button....hold on. Figures, after I go through the whole setting up and uploading process over at YouTube they add it here. A day too late. lol


I ate this after my workout which is going just fine thankyouverymuch. I have lost 6 lbs in one week. Probably just because I have more energy to get around and have been getting things done.
Anyway, I was shocked at how filling it was. I guess I could've had a bigger glass of water, the frozen cherry limeade thingy only has 70 calories and the fruit...got me?
Anyway, it got me to thinking. I read something my oldest wrote to God asking him to "let [her] stay skinny."
It got me to thinking even more. I've never been on a diet. I don't eat anything diet or drink anything diet. Well, with the exception of today...I had these South Beach Diet wraps. But not because they were diet but rather because doesn't a turkey and bacon with cheese wrapped in a flour tortilla sound yummy?
I read the little note inside the box that told me if I was eating out to send back the bread basket so it wouldn't tempt me. I told DH..."the hell I would send back the bread basket." I mean our favorite restaurant brings up these warm little loaves of yummy goodness and I will eat three I tell you. Forget the steak and stuff....just bring me that bread. DH said "Oh, it's because it's part of the Atkins diet"
Me: "Whose Atkins?"
Basically...DH said no or low carbs.
I worry about the images I am showing my oldest of me and my current weight. I am overweight because I am totally stressed and do not get enough rest. I live on Coke just so I can get things done.
Am I happy about my current weight now? No. It hurts to be this weight. Will I diet? No.
I am trying to lose weight and eat healthy because DH and I have plans to have children or at least a child of our own. I don't want the doctor to chew me out and I don't want to prolong the process by having the doctor tell me I have to lose weight and eat healthy.
So, I am doing things the right way so when the time comes, DH and I can go in and start the fertility process without any delays.
Will I tell my oldest this? I don't know. I hope she sees me working out and I hope she sees me making better choices and yet still eating the things I love in moderation and I hope she sees that even though my body is a mess right now, I still love myself and do not base my self worth on what other people think and I hope that she will someday feel the same way.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...