to the greatest father and husband in the world.
You have embraced my family like I could never imagine. Jumping through hoops to get the kids here and settled when all those bad things happened, even though it meant our money was spread thinner and our chance for biological children of our own ticks away year by year. You still say everything is going to be ok.
You've fallen into the Dad role beautifully, learning to speak incorrectly like the children (;-P) and sharing tales of when you were their age and the crazy things you did. I look forward to SS's annual "SUPER DAD" song and presentation today. You know....there's no "Super Mom" song...so you're special. LOL!
You are making such a huge impact in their lives and I don't think you even realize it.
You embraced my mom moving in and even call my Grandmother, Grandma. I loved you even more as you sat with my Grandmother talking about recipes and whatnot. You endured spanish television and even got into a novella or two yourself in the short time she has been here.
You help me to make sure they eat the right things so that they can get back on track and healthy again. You endure the things that they do because they are obviously comfortable in our home and you make them comfortable.
You make sure that I get something to eat or that I sleep and take care of myself. You sacrifice some things because I can't always do them for you and for the most part you understand or at least try to understand. You give me anything and everything I want just to make me happy. Sometimes you drive me up the wall but it's nothing I can't handle. I'm sure the feeling is mutual.
More recently, I realized the difference. I mean, I know there is a difference between our relationship and the cycles of my family. But having my mom and grandmother here reinforced in my mind the difference. You see when I lost the receipt for the shed and they would only give me a store credit, I called you and you told me it was ok and not a big deal even though I was way harder on myself for it. You see, at the moment it occurred to me if it had been my mom or my grandmother, they wouldn't have called their spouses at all because in their relationships the men have always yelled at them and called them stupid and worthless for anything they did wrong.
My mom heard you tell me "It's okay Sweetie." She told me I was very lucky.
You have been through so much. You endure so much pain day in and day out. You are stronger than you think you are. When I tell you I couldn't live the way you do, it's not an insult. It speaks to your strength because I am not as strong as you. I wish I could take away your pain. I wish I could make things easier for you the way you do for me.
You are the core of our family. I might do all the physical stuff, but you keep us together emotionally and mentally more than you realize.
Happy Father's Day Sweetie.
We Lub U!

No comments:
Post a Comment