Thanks guys. I've been trying to keep my stress and fear in check.
My mom is actually bringing my grandmother in the moving truck as we speak.
My grandmother wants to visit me and every one is in an uproar. They think she's not going back. But um, Hello! she has all her doctors out there and she even has appointments at the end of the month that she needs to get to.
There have been threats to call the police, which pisses me off even more. My grandmother used to visit her daughter in California for a month at a time or longer. No one had problems with that, my grandmother didn't need permission. Why can't she visit me? Because I spoke my mind 7 years ago? Really? The police? *shaking head* My grandmother has not been declared incompetent by her doctor so wtf?
I'm worried and afraid for my grandmother. My mom says she can tell that my grandmother is worried because she gets quiet. Isn't that awful that she has to worry about all of them and what they are going to think instead of what she wants to do? She's never been to my state. When I talked to her she told me she wanted to see me and wanted to come to my state. She has dinner plans at Red Lobster with my mom and Hubbins (well as soon as he is able to get up, which looks like he will in a week or two). She wants to see my kids (this is where she is a little fuzzy, but it could be because no one ever told her I have my sister's kids). She asked me if they were well behaved and listened to me (all you RAD knowing people will get a good chuckle at that. I did.) I don't want my grandmother to feel how I am feeling right now.
I'm torn. I know it's the right thing, but I also know my grandmother has her strong and weak moments. Early yesterday when my mom picked me up she said my grandmother was worried. Last night when she called she told me my grandfather had called and my grandmother told her not to answer the phone twice and chuckled to herself. When I talked to them earlier today, they were on the road and had made a pit stop for a potty break. My grandmother had her trip snacks and rags (enquirer, star, woman's world, etc...) and she was smiling and ready to go. We had joked about them being Thelma and Louise with no suicide or Brad Pitt.
I'm closing for now. I just took my vitamins and supplements and I am feeling nauseous. Ugh. I do not want to throw up.

No comments:
Post a Comment