My bedroom window faces the front of our property that leads out to the street. The day before yesterday, I sat down to check my mail and I noticed there was a police suv parked right out front. On further inspection, I noticed there was another one parked across the street and then my heart fell.
I saw two social workers, don't ask me how I knew they were social workers. I just did. I did a double take because they were questioning the kids from across the street. The kids that I mentioned in my previous post. The ones that should have been in school. My heart fell because I thought I was witnessing them being taken away from the family.
I watched silently as the social workers sent the kids back into the house and as they followed them. I did some laundry and when I came back, I watched the social workers leave without the children and I watched what appeared to be two officers. One was watching the social workers drive off and the other was shaking his head. I may be reading too much into it but it seemed like disbelief.
Hours later, I was again sitting in front of my computer and I noticed that a car had driven up. There were kids yelling and lots of noise which caught my attention . It appears that they packed up the children's clothes and the children and sent them on their way. I hope it's not what it appears to be. That's how my sister was able to dodge CP+S. By moving out of the county. I don't think there should be differences. Something like child abuse and neglect reports should be universal to all states, counties, etc...
I hope those kids will be ok. But I can't help believing that children have to die in order for them to become a priority and even then it's no guarantee. After all Cindy's dead and it made no difference.
Second thing, Yesterday was my first day without any pain whatsoever. I consider days where I just have a dull over all aching pain good days. But yesterday, I stopped and stood in place because something just seemed soooo wrong. That's how long I've been in constant pain. When I realized that I had no pain and that's what was different. I cried.
I don't know if it was the Co Q-10 that helped. I'm not sure since I had only started taking it the day before. Today will be my third day taking it. I think I might need to take it in the mornings and not at night because last night, I was so ready for bed and I took the pill and the next thing I knew I was up until 4 am again but this time talking myself out of getting up and doing a million things that would have surely woken up everyone in the house. Instead, I was on pins and needles watching last seasons episodes of The Amazing Race. lol
The other thing, I was so famished. I ate a bowl of cereal like around 3 am. I'm paying for it now because I am allergic to milk and I *knew* I shouldn't have ate it, but damn it. I was hungry and it was what I *wanted*. Crazy huh?
Lastly, As far as the girl A goes. She still hasn't told her parents. I found out that since she told the oldest, she has told other girls about her situation. I figure she is trying to reach out and have someone else tell for her.
I took Torina's suggestion and yesterday the oldest and I went to the store and bought her a package of pads. I wrote A a letter telling her not to be mad at the oldest. I suggested she find an adult she trusted and let them know and I also let her know that I wasn't going to tell anyone or any adults her situation because I felt it was her decision, so she didn't need to worry.
I discussed with the oldest about how I have a policy. When people are about to tell me a secret, I've always said I will not keep a secret that is hurtful, illegal or dangerous, etc... I explained to the oldest what I wanted to do and I put it to her this way. If something were to happen to her friend and she knew something that could have prevented it and kept it to herself, what kind of friend was she truly being? Plus, if A gets mad at her and decides not to be her friend over this and something happens to her, she tried to help her and it was A's decision in the end.
So the oldest agreed to let me write a note to A to send with the pads. I also sent our copy of the American Girl Taking Care of You book. After talking further with the oldest about A, I found out that A doesn't have very many friends and she is made fun of because she stinks. I figured it would be a safe way for her to get the information she needs without stepping over any lines. There is nothing in the book about sex or contraceptives. It's all about taking care of oneself. Armpits, teeth, skin, hair, periods, pms, it's all covered with illustrations.
I wished the oldest luck today when I dropped her off at school and reassured her that she had nothing to be stressed about and that she was doing the right thing. I just hope this doesn't come back to bite us.

5 comments:
You done good, Sasha. I hope this kid turns out okay.
I swear coQ10 got my husband out of his wheelchair in 4 weeks when they said he should be down for more than 10 weeks. It is amazing stuff.
how loving you are. Thank you for your kindness to A
I am delighted that you had a pain free day.
Yay Sasha!!!
Good for you!!! I hope she reads the book and starts to take care of herself, poor kid.
Post a Comment