Today has sucked ass. Sorry. There's no other way to say it.
I have tried and tried and was successful in overcoming the lack of sleep and was doing pretty well if I do say so myself.
I was outside trying to get the trees ready for the summer by laying down some of that weed fabric. I went to throw away the outer wrapping from the weed fabric when I noticed that the trash I had just collected out of my room the day before was full blown out of the bag and flying everywhere.
I was confused at first because I tie those bags super tight. I mean waay tight and I'll explain in a minute.
I've been cleaning out my room which kinda became a place to put things so the kids wouldn't steal it. I came across some old candy I had bought for a purpose and must have forgotten about (Don't worry, I don't buy things like that anymore- you know, those things where I hope the kids will change over night and we will be able to do something fun without a fight.) Anyhow, I had thrown that away and some other broken things and paperwork.
Anyhow, when I went to throw out the trash, these candy wrappers were everywhere. This is old candy which is why it is in the trash to begin with. The only one who goes outside is SS. She throws out the trash and takes care of the dogs and I kid you not it takes her 3 hours.
I never caught her though. I go out there and check and I've never caught her.
Well, she's going through the trash bags and eating the trash out of it. She's also hoarding trash on the side of the house under a broken lawn mower that I don't know how to get rid of.
That, in itself, is gross. But what's worse is that I tend to throw any food items in with Hubbins bowel program stuff because I figured it wouldn't tempt them.
Yes... she ate from a bag that had feces and a urine bag in it.
She. ate. from. it.
That's why I'm in time out. Because I am about to lose it.
They get breakfast in the morning. They get lunch and they have a snack. Dinner... I NEED to take a picture of what they are eating. We had salad, spaghetti and french bread for dinner last night. The meatballs are huge! Hubbins made it and I told him each meatball was like eating a full hamburger patty and he replied "actually, it's more like two hamburger patties."
This has to be a control issue and not a food issue.
Right now, at this very moment...I just can't deal.

3 comments:
Have you read this, about the snack backpack? I think it sounds brillant - maybe it would help? http://thoughtspreserved.blogspot.com/2009/03/stealing-food.html
Ugh, I would freak, too. It is so gross when my kids do that, but I can't imagine poo being mixed in. Double yuck.
Aw geez, that is nasty. I have come across kids eating the trash before, it is never easy to take. Wow, it must have been really bad for them before you.
Post a Comment