Pages

Saturday, August 16, 2008

Sometimes She Surprises Me

I was separating the kids new school supplies according to lists and such. When The Oldest came out and started reading all the supplies they needed. She was astounded by it all and my personal stash of school supplies that I pull out this time of the year.

I guess she didn't realize how much I was doing for her as well until she saw me in action. Typically, they are in bed already when I do this and they just take their supply filled backpacks to school where the teachers empty them out for them.

She surprised me because she asked me "How can you do all this? How can you buy them all this stuff and just be around them with the way they act and the way they treat you?" I was thrown off guard because my mind was immersed in spiral notebooks and blue pens NOT black so I asked her to clarify.

She said " I don't understand how you can keep going, being stuck with them all the time and how bad and mean they are. I'm not with them all the time and I can't stand them. I feel bad when I see them being bad and treating you bad."

Definitely news to me because up until school started for her she was hatin' on me too. I didn't know what to say so I just shrugged my shoulders and told her to pass me a glue stick.




No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...