Pages

Thursday, October 23, 2008

Losing My Religion

I'm part of the Roman Catholic Homeschoolers in my area. I joined because I had no idea how to get started in homeschooling. When I signed up, it looked like it was going to be fun. Playdates with the kids, Mom's night out, field trips.

I didn't get to do any of those yet because I'm still "training" my kids amongst other things.

But lately the tone on the forum had changed. It was sinister, hateful and full of lies.

Some examples:

The left-wing knew about a PBS poll in advance (THEY CHEATED!) and we need to go vote for Palin--JESUS help US!

Obama wants to change the national anthem to "I want to teach the world to sing"-- FORGIVE US WE KNOW NOT WHAT WE DO!

Obama is Muslim-- GOD HAVE MERCY!

If you vote for someone who is pro-abortion you will be *gasp* EX-COMMUNICATED! and by your ownself to boot!

Worse yet, if you recieve communion having voted for a pro-abortionist (yep- pro-abortion- like it's something people cheer for! ABORTION! ABORTION! You know you want one! You know you need one! RAh Rah rah!, sheesh) "you yourself risk placing your soul going in hell"!!!!!!

Seriously... they've been posting this shit. I had enough. I'll bet you I get censored. But I had to say something. It's immature, it's hateful, it's lies. Is this the new Catholicism? Christianity in general?

For as long as I can remember abortion is something I have personally been against but would never tell someone else they could not do.

Even when I found out my mother had an abortion and that I could have had a full blooded sibling--one other person in this world, a real family, maybe someone like me-- I still could not be against it.

When Bela was murdered my feelings became even stronger. I don't doubt that abortion is painful. But I think that abortion of a fetus,baby, what have you is possibly less painful for the baby than to look in to your mother's eyes as she beats you or know that your Daddy who is supposed to love you so much has hurt you so bad you are dying.

I've held drug addicted babies as they've screeched from the pain of the light being to bright or the withdrawals being too much. Have you seen a newborn twitch in pain?

I've seen those babies growing up being destroyed, molested, abused, used.

I think it's worse when a 14 year old decides the pain of her life, the lack of love, caring and family hurts so much she would rather be dead and kill herself.

It's not to say that I don't care or love the kids I am talking about, but can't you just love a person so much you would rather they be in Heaven rather than living here in Hell?

I've seen what a lot of people can't fathom. They can't figure out why an abortion could be a better alternative. I've often wished that life circumstances could have been different and that I was the child who was aborted. No more pain. Just sweet Heaven.

Abortion will never be an answer for me and I can't put myself in another woman's shoes and know why she does it, but I don't need to know. It's something that she will live with for the rest of her life and only a decision she can make for herself.

1 comment:

Sheri said...

I'm not sure you'll see this because I just found it, but it was so nicely said.

I agree 100% and I think you said it far more eloquently than I could. Thank you for sharing.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...