Pages

Tuesday, October 28, 2008

I Couldn't Believe It!

Today we had the termite inspection, home inspection, and a contractor come out to the new house. Our Realtor had a closing this morning so it was just me and the guys at first. This evening I went and signed loan papers.

I was walking around the house, just rediscovering it really and I decided to go upstairs and hang out on the balcony for a bit. It's peaceful up there and since it was still mid-morning it was slightly chilly. I looked down on our yard and plotted out where I would add rose bushes since I love roses.

I snooped on the neighbors to the left and watched their waterfall in their backyard and I decided to look over at what the other neighbors had going on in their backyards. Not too bad. I had a sweater on but I didn't want to get too cold so I decided I better go back in. I reached for the door and wouldn't you know it? I was locked out...on the balcony... no realtor... no one really. The termite inspector had already left and the contractor hadn't arrived. Just me and the inspector.

I called Hubs as I gazed over the balcony. I was laughing pretty hard. I told him what I had done so he called the realtor, in the meantime, I noticed the inspector checking things out in the backyard. Thank goodness I remembered his name. I called down to him and he looked around down there. I called that I was up on the balcony and that I had locked myself out, he chuckled and said he'd be up.

I called Hubs back to let him know it was ok. The whole time I am cracking up and soooo embarrassed. The thought had crossed my mind that it could be locked but when I checked it, it didn't seem like it was.

When the inspector got up the stairs (there's the main flight of stairs to the second floor and then a smaller set of stairs from the second floor that leads up to this particular bedroom) he came with the contractor. As the contractor was introducing himself, his phone rang. It was my realtor. She was calling to see if he could "rescue" me. I heard him tell her that he thought I was ok and was just talking to me. Em-barr-assing. lol

The inspection came back "phenomenal". He found the homeowner's binder and all the documentation for everything: alarm system, appliances, flooring, EVERYTHING in the kitchen island drawers. The people who owned the house before kept immaculate records and actually left them behind!

It's bittersweet, I start to let myself get excited but then I try to put myself in check. Our house hasn't closed yet. Frankly, I am pissed. The woman who is working it is L-A-Z-Y and she keeps lying to us. We were supposed to be done by the end of this month but now she insists she said "closing" by the end of the month. I don't get her. She says we will be done before we even have to worry about making a November house payment but hello! It's due the first of November and if today was the last day to get them in before funding--how does she figure?

I think I'll just breathe easier when this house has closed. We have less than 3 weeks to get it wrapped up. It's stressing me out. If the people would just get off their asses. This should have been done this week(actually, three weeks ago). I've had to be on her constantly- phone calls and e-mail and she actually has the audacity to write me back in caps. I will be writing a post about them--name and all when everything is all said and done so anybody out there can avoid them.

*sigh* Less than three weeks.




2 comments:

Kether said...

Your new house sounds a lot like my new house. I love sitting on my balcony upstairs and watching the neighbor's waterfall. They have a lovely pond with greenery and trees--we have no trees because of the lawn, pool and basketball court.

I'm SO happy for you Sasha. I'm praying about the closing of the other house. I know how frustrated you are!

Torina said...

The house sounds very peaceful, especially the balcony. I got the books together, now I just need to get my dookus in gear and get to the post office. Soon. Sorry it has taken me so long!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...