Pages

Saturday, October 25, 2008

Why I *Heart* My Realtor

This whole house selling and buying thing has been so stressful. I'm telling you, when I bought this house it was very similar to buying a car or something at the local store.

I saw three houses before this one, on the same block, and when I saw this one all I said is "We'll take it!' and it was ours. Sure we signed papers but we didn't go back and forth with offers and we didn't have all the waiting to hear from so and so.

So this time out it's been a totally different experience. Totally.

I didn't have a Realtor last time. Well, no, not really. There was a guy we had met when house searching. He showed us the houses and then stepped out of the picture. Which was fine. We didn't know a Realtor did all kinds of stuff.
Our Realtor has been excellent. She's worked really hard for us and pushed to get us everything we need and want. I have had so much fun meeting with her to see different houses. I don't know if it's just the Realtor experience, but her and I start talking about decorating and layout, etc... For instance, with the current house we were there for like three hours and we even went into decorating for Christmas (How the hell DO you hang Christmas lights on stucco?).

But what prompted this post was a conversation I had with her yesterday, I can't even remember what it was about but she made me laugh so hard my belly hurt (in a good way). She was talking about something or other to do with the house and if it didn't get down on time (or something ) we would be AOL.

I believe she meant SOL but anyone who's ever dealt with AOL would know that it's practically the same thing! She didn't catch that she had said it but man,the more I thought about it the harder I laughed. Even today when it pops into my mind I chuckle. So does Hubs. But hey, we are both computer people so maybe that's why it hits a funny bone with us.

Either way, I needed that laugh and it just made me like my Realtor even more!






1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Nice story :) I usually read two kinds of blog articles about realtors - paid advertising stuff like "XY helped me much in selling my house, contact him blah blah" and then negative ones, complaining about realtor's incapability. Nice to see somebody can like his realtor and even write about it :P
Good luck with your house!
Elli

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...