Pages

Sunday, October 19, 2008

Finally!

Yesterday, I was so proud of the kids (well, except Poufy). They did what they were told and homeschool went on without a hitch. Thankfully.

Poufy is still continuing to be a problem. But the others are definitely straightening out. I hope it's not a honeymoon period over the thoughts of a new house or something and then when it's done everything crashes, you know?

CDQ came up to me last night and hugged me and told me that she wasn't going to be bad anymore, she doesn't want to be. Which I've heard before but the fact that I'm hearing it from the unmedicated CDQ makes it huge to me.

Right now, I can hear The Oldest, CDQ and SS laughing with Hubs in the kitchen. We are making caramel apples.

I am so proud of the boy right now because I had told all the kids if they didn't tantrum they would get dessert (yep, bribery). He had a tantrum earlier and I was worried it would be bad at bedtime. BUT, it wasn't. He saw that there were 10 apples total and 10 caramel apple wrapper thingies and that there would still be at least 5 left. So he put his jammies on, did his business and went straight to bed. Lights out and everything! Homeschool is working! LOL!

I'm chalking it up to his new math skilz. Plus, they all should really know me by now. There will be plenty of caramel apples and apple pies and all that crap I do during this time of the year.

I'm also damn proud of SS. She's the one who had stolen gum and things from her classroom and stuff from here. I grounded her from sweets until next year. Extreme? I was worried it was going to be, but when she came out of catechism with hidden candy that she's not supposed to have (dentist's orders) and lied about it. I had it. Obviously, I haven't done my job in instilling Catholic guilt in these kids. (just kidding, lol)

This child has the worst teeth. She pulls off her caps. I've never had caps so I don't really know but my guess is that it is supposed to be impossible. The dentist told her what she can and can't have and she's been on a full out mission to sneak exactly those things.

But she's doing great with the consequence. Instead of apple pie yesterday, she had peanut butter crackers. Today instead of caramel apples, she had a baked apple. With no complaints. I figure it must be that she's thankful she's getting anything at all at this point. What else could it be?

The Oldest's report card came out on Thursday. 2 C's: Math and Spanish. Math has always been her worst subject but Spanish is what she's been dying to learn. She had a situation with the Spanish teacher and basically decided she was going to be combative towards him. When I explained to her that she would be the only one missing out, she got it, but she's so damn stubborn. I'm just as stubborn, but I didn't screw myself. I have a degree in Computer Programming just because a teacher (Kiss my ass, Mrs. Kemp.) told me I couldn't do it. So, I'm the opposite extreme. lol

I think she'll do better next time because get this...she wants to make honor roll! Why this is a surprise? I had told her all about honors and she was certain that she would never make it so why try? She wants it now. She's so close, she wants it. I guess I forgot to mention the rest of her grades. lol The rest are all A's and B's and what is killing her is that her B's were likethisclose to A's. We'll see what happens. I know she can do it, it's whether she thinks she can.

I'm beginning to wonder if Poufy isn't the sole cause of all the drama. Since she's "contained", things have evened out. Could this one little brat be causing everything? We might be breaking her. Little by little her BS lessens but it's a ton of BS. Everyone is moving forward and having a good time except for her. The other day all the kids were outside playing except for her because she couldn't control herself, I had to cut her outside time off because she was starting to mess with the other kids. At dinner, several of the kids remarked how much better it was outside after she left. My first reflex was to tell them not to say things like that but I thought maybe it's better that she knows the truth. They are tired of her and don't want to be in trouble with her anymore.

I feel bad because she looks so lonely but then she pulls that crap to push you away so fast it's hard--very very very hard to look past it. At this point, I'm just going to see how it plays out unless some other ideas come up.

I am not looking forward to this week. It's going to be up and down with both houses, Hubs final mold fitting (it was supposed to be done this past week but they decided to let him test it this week) and all the rest of the crap. But at least things are getting better and the pee smell is almost cleared completely.





No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...