Pages

Monday, September 17, 2007

Tackle It Tuesday

Tackle It Tuesday Meme




So this is my first time doing Tackle It Tuesday. When I read the description I just knew this was the motivation I needed to keep going.




I always feel like I'm not being productive but I've still been pressing on. I can see the "little" things I've done around the house but when I look at the big picture, it just looks like one big mess.




Originally, I was going to tackle making and hanging curtains around my house but halfway through it I realized I needed more hardware. So tomorrow I will be off to buy what I need so that curtains can be next week's Tackle It Tuesday.



So, without further ado... I decided my very first Tackle It Tuesday would be *drum roll*


MY CREDIT REPORT *tada*


(is that crickets?...maybe some looks of mortification?)




I've been putting it off. There are SEVERAL discrepencies on my credit report. I know I have to file the form above to get them removed but for some reason the whole credit deal...well who likes it really?


After I reviewed my 3-in-1 credit report. I noticed that there were two items that weren't mistakes. Well, one that I know for sure I have to pay because although I paid my mother the cash when she wrote a check for me, apparently she didn't put the moolah in the bank or "something". So, I have just sucked it up that I will have to pay that one again.


The other, I wasn't really sure about. It was to the gas company. The amount seemed about right for a bill. I wondered if maybe I didn't pay a closing bill or something?


So listen to what I do, the genius that I am... I call the electric company to try and pay the gas company. For some reason the electric company's phone number was listed on my report under all the lists of previous creditors and my mind just thought "oh, that's the number"


See I'm quick like that.


I call, give them the account number and the amount I owe. They have no record. I insist it is on my credit report. The person asks me for previous addresses, I give. Still no record. Then she asks me family members names. I give her my mom's and all of a sudden she's like "oh yes, you owe an obscene amount." Well, ok, she didn't exactly say that. But she might as well have.


huh?


She explains how the system cross references last names and "some how" my bill had rolled over to my mom's account but my mom contested it and now I am listed as the responsible party.


Did I say "huh?"


I asked how that was possible and that amount was waaay too high. She tells me she has an address but I have to give it to her. I've given her my addresses and no match. So I start to give her my mother's previous addresses. I ask her if they match...nothing.


I'm on hold again.


At this point, I'm fuming with my mother. I'm not on speaking terms with her but ARGH! How can they do this?


The rep comes back on and says she has to pass it to a Supervisor because they don't really know what's going on...at least that's it in a nutshell. They'll call me back.


So, I go fuming to Hubs and break down the call and everything to him. Apparently, back in the day my mom and him were talking about crooked companies or something and she had told him that the electric company had tried to roll my bill over to her. At least when she called to find out why her bill was so much, they had told her they rolled mine on to hers.


Now, let me take a moment to ask, has this ever happened to anyone? Is this even legal?


Back to the story, sorry it's so long, She said she had straightened it out.


I'm thinking. Who else have they "crosslinked" to us and what bill are they trying to get me to pay?


The facts...


They couldn't link anything to me and really had no record of me owing them a cent.


There is nothing on my credit report that says that I owe them a cent.


I don't leave bills hanging, I don't believe I owe them a thing.


I wonder what story they are going to concoct to get me to pay whoever's bill.


The moral of this story.


If you are going to tackle something. THINK and call the right people! lol


Next week, really something simple, curtains.


Click here for more Tackle It Tuesday!

7 comments:

Bird Stalker Photography said...

I hope you get everything straightened out!

God Bless

Amy said...

I did this about 2 years ago. It is time consuming and kind of a pain to do, but it's so nice when everything is all straitened out.

Oh, and thanks for the link to your pantry. I don't think I can get it that organized, but it's something to aspire to!

Deb said...

I hate dealing with credit issues - we went through that when we bought our first house and had a bunch of things on my hubby's credit to clear up. Ours is a mess now, but we come by that honestly at least. I hope you can get it all figured out! :)

Beckaboo said...

Legal or not... Dealing with credit stuff is the worst! We are dealing with some credit issues of our own -- I have been on the phone for hours with everyone, it seems, and gotten nowhere.
I will pray that you will have more success.
Blessings, Beckie :o)

Kandy Seaton Smith said...

I hope you get it all worked out!

And yeah, I don't think its legal for them to try to put one person's bill on another family member if they're not married/living in the same home/etc...and maybe not even then.

Stacey said...

everything counts with tackle-it tuesday! hang in there!

ZAM said...

Credit card companies always bring the word "hassle" to mind. Lol. But I hope everything's going to work out just fine.

Thanks for visiting.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...