Pages

Saturday, September 8, 2007

A kitchen conversation...

Recently I discovered a radio station that plays oldies and songs from the 80s. Cool thing, I'm like a genius... I know every song they play. Sad thing, I'm pathetic, I know every song they play. These are songs from my middle school days and I'm shocked that I even remember them!



I had the kitchen radio on while I was cleaning up and I was dazzling everyone with my knowledge of Pebbles, Jody Watley, Boys 2 Men, Bobby Brown, etc... When DH pipes in that he hated music from back then.



DH: It's all just keyboards set to repeat the same mix.

Me: (for some reason slightly defensive and annoyed (maybe because I can't stand his music)) Oh, yeah you like the guys with the big hair and tights.

DH: They are not tights

Me: *muttering* they look like tights. All gross and sweaty.

Eleven year old daughter: Did you know they don't wear underwear?



*Stunned silence--crickets chirping*



*my hand slamming down on the counter*



Me: THAT'S RIGHT!! I have NEVER seen any of those guys with a pantyline! I've never really looked but I've never seen it!



DH: *just sitting there*

ME: That's what you like big haired guys in tights with no panties?

DH: silence.



The next song starts and I smugly announce "Thin Line Between Love and Hate" and then we are off again to try to figure out if it's the Isley Brothers, which sends us on a tangent about the Isley Brothers.



We are sad old farts. lol

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...