That is the number of years the judge gave the kids for their restraining order to remain in effect!
Can you believe it?
I was floored!
A weight has been lifted!
I couldn't wait to come home and tell the kids. I wanted to do it in person. They were so happy. It's the first justice they've been given since all this has started.
I read them the restraining order and explained what each part meant. I saw a genuine smile from CDQ. After all I had explained to them in their terms, the boy still had to verify that she indeed could NOT come in contact with them in any form (the judge crossed out the except portion and wrote in NO EXCEPTIONS!).
Afterwards, SS came into my room and clung to me. Her hands were soooo cold. She must've been so scared. They knew when I left where I was going.
I knew what this restraining order would mean for me and my ability to protect them. But I didn't know it meant so much to them as well.
So today, we have a restraining order party. Pizza and cupcakes and maybe a little swimming in the pool.
*deep breath*
I can breathe again and in some ways, I suspect they can too.

4 comments:
oh this is so wonderful. that is 10 years right?
Donetta,
Yes, 10 whole years! She asked how old the youngest was and decided from there. :-)
We need to sent that woman some flowers and a fruit basket :)
Oooh I could just kiss that judge, she actually GETS it. Bless her heart. Im happy and relieved for you all.
Post a Comment