Pages

Sunday, July 25, 2010

My Wish Book

I've had this book for a month or so and I've spent a minute here and there looking through it.  

I still haven't gone through the whole book, but right off the top I know I want to make this Mickey cake for my 35th birthday.  I had a huge Mickey cake for my first birthday made in the same way with the star tip and I figure what the heck. It's another milestone, isn't it? 




I saw these cute little cakes and thought my girls would love them. I'm thinking I might turn it into a homeschool cooking assignment. I can teach them how to bake a cake (math), color (art) and roll fondant (geometry?), etc.... Plus, I can totally see how I can change this up for the boy. He can make Lightning McQueen from Cars out of one of these too! 





Lastly, I saw this wedding cake. Hubbins and I didn't have one.  But I just loved this cake. 
When Hubbins and I got together, I had my calico and he had his german shepherd. This one is so simple and cute. Maybe it's time Hubbins and I did a little family reception (we have plenty of people in our house. lol) or something. The whole wedding thing probably should have been postponed (for like the 5th time) but I had enough of it and set a date at the beginning of the year.  Turns out all my kids were being baptized the weekend before the date I had chosen and I had to make all their dresses, so my stuff was put on the back burner. We were having hard times financially back then because of promises that were made when the children were placed and then reneged on after they told us to move forward and spend our money because it would all be paid back in time for things like our mortgage and food. 

Of course, I don't regret marrying Hubbins but there are some things I do regret.  I chose our witnesses.  Had I known our situation with the kids and such was going to be too much for them to handle, I would have chose otherwise.  The day of our wedding is the last day I saw them.  At the time, I had wanted to give them a gift and some money for the gas they spent coming up.  My gifts are handmade and I didn't get them done in time because I was really on the edge of everything and wasn't sure if the wedding date was still going to be.  I didn't have the money then either. I requested an address several times and no response. This year, I spent the money I had aside because I gave up on the friendship. At this point, it seems so one-sided anyway. I used to chalk it up to the way they were.  But I was that way too and I made an exception...sooo. 

I think it's time to start making some good memories and stop focusing on all that we have lost.  I need to let go of the guilt.  I believe it's my fault Hubbins didn't get a traditional wedding and that everything sucked for him too. My family, my friends.... sometimes I feel like because of me his life has been taken too. 

Wow, where did all that come from...and to think, this book is fun for me. LOL! 

Anyhow, don't know if I am allowed to publish these pics but they all came from the Wilton Yearbook 2011 that I have pictured at the top. If you're someone from Wilton and this is a problem, just let me know and I'll take them down.  :-) 


1 comment:

Kether said...

They've totally come around on facebook. Its weird... just like the old days. No explanation for the years of not talking..
for Jaffe either. I wonder if something was going on?? because it was like that with all of us.
So, I don't think it was the kids.

anyway, I remember the stories of your wedding and I believe you deserve to renew your vows in a more "traditional" ceremony.

and you totally should make 35 a big milestone

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...