I noticed someone came to my site looking for the answer for :
"Can Pressure Sores Kill?"
YES! They are very dangerous because they get infected so easily and they often occur in places that are hard to keep clean or to keep pressure off of. They also usually occur in the elderly or those with compromised health and mobility like Hubbins (Hubbins has Quadriplegia). The tunneling pressure sores are really bad because they can go to the bone and cause a bone infection (osteomyelitis). But as in all infections they can go septic (into the blood stream) and kill.
I'm not a doctor or a nurse, just a caregiver for my Hubbins. There are probably other ways that pressure sores can kill but these are two that I am very aware of.
Please make sure you get a home health nurse or someone to keep an eye on your sores. It's very very very important.
Oh yeah, did I mention how important it is to have treatment for pressure sores? ;-)
Hope this helps. I know how hard it is to find information about these things.

No comments:
Post a Comment