Pages

Saturday, March 28, 2009

Thankfully...

Cookie sales are over and my job as collection person is almost done. 

Now...now I need to put the smack down here at home. Things have been escalating and I don't have ONE single kid behaving. Not even the 13 year old non RAD kid. 

I think I might have one small victory. CDQ likes to pound her fists onto her legs when she doesn't get her way.  Today she was going at it. Everyone thought I was crazy because I said "the one good thing about CDQ is that when you feel like smacking her she takes care of it for you by doing it herself. So considerate AND satisfying. " 

I could hear in the monitor, she did an inward scream/groan and then there was silence. No more leg pounding with her fists for the rest of the day! The family thinks I've lost my mind, but I think I've appealed to her ODD.  I hope so anyway. I'm tired of her hurting herself and I don't feel comfortable doing the hold on her. 

Oh yeah, I also installed locking doorknobs on some of the closet doors. The kids don't need access to them so...why tempt them?  Do you know that I can now install a doorknob in less than 15 minutes (that's including complications).  

I am *still* unpacking boxes. Yeesh!  But I've also been putting stuff I have bought over the years up where I intended them to go but never had the time.  I'm starting to like my house even more again. lol 


1 comment:

Lisa said...

Loved your reaction! Way to go mom!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...